FOH'ers Daily Smoke

PLPC fresh from receiving them today, they smelled so good I had to try one. Little firecrackers right now with a great cream undertone, spice and cuban tobacco. It's a 13' HQ box from czar and cant wait to see how the develop as they acclimate and age.

• Replies 90.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

13 Punch EL....4th one I have smoked but this time I was going to pay more attention, this fireproof wrapper really stood out from the others, reminded me of the RA Extra EL from the past, dont care for those currently but liked them at first release.....this was creamy, blind test I would of scored this an HDM....1/3 was enjoyable, sweet, youthful tobacco.....2/3 was showing its youth as expected, little harsh on retro hale and started experiencing some artificial flavor it seemed, last third was more one dimensional, young tobacco with some leather and sweetness....I didnt pick up any typical Punch characteristics on my amateur palate.....overall I thought an average smoke and would consider a box to lay down if not for the price, price to me is out of whack, I would pick up the Upmann Conn A over these all day long and they are cheaper....I would like to revisit these down the road

Bart[/quote

Witch of those limitadas would u put #1???

After this week it was the RyJ.....previously it was the Punch

Personally I would buy other cigars than these 3

Thanks!

My last J-O belicoso before the remaining 20 are laid down for their nap. A spicy little sucker. These should mature just fine. Nice oily sheen and a dark wrapper. Leather, cedar, and dark chocolate flavors are prevalent.

yzu2unuq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sun has arrived in God's own county!

A gifted La Gloria Cubana #4 with the pearl fishermen's / temple duet. Does life get any more decadent? This is what cigars are all about for me.

jurugu9a.jpg

Sweet, rich. Like syrup and honey folded softly into cream laden porridge/rolled oats.

@Blakes you magnificent bugger

A Cuaba divinos again from the beautiful mr blakes!

8eju8agy.jpg

I think I've figured out why this is such a love or hate cigar brand! Wait for it......:D

It's a dry smoke.

I'm getting g nice coffee, walnuts and raisins but these flavours are wrapped in a package of dry smoke, compared to a rich or moist/juicy mouth feel of most other Cubans.

It's a yummy cigars for sure, but that dry smoke I can see as being so left field that it can put a lot of people off or be so opposite of what they expect that it's interpreted as harsh or acrid. Now I'm expecting it, I'm enjoying the cigar!

So from that thread discussing how to improve Cuaba; it's obviously not being marketed properly so HSA have pooped in their boots in terms of this dry blend, too many people have already formed a negative opinion.

Change the blend into a rich/juicy smoke but keep the flavour profile and these would fly. Obviously the band would need to be completely changed, Christ what a shocker!

90/100 from this cigar!

Too long since I have done this but had a few nice smokes in Dusseldorf when over there last weekend for a wine show (Prowein)

Hoyo - Grand Epicure EL 2013 - dark and quite un Hoyo like in appearance a lot of good tobacco but totally one dimensional at this stage and as a result not that enjoyable, a tad tight too

Partagas Short (REA April 2010) - Lovely as ever, quite mellow but flavourful

Bolivar Short Bolivar - Asia Pacific release 2008 - the pick of the three, has a rich Bolivar DNA and delivers from the off, nice