• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

8 hours ago, Jerryvonkramer said:

Been a terrible time to be a UK Cigar smoker and I'm not just talking about the government. It literally NEVER STOP RAINING.

Isn't that the truth! I'm about to head into the garage for a cigar.

3 hours ago, Greenhorn2 said:

Celebrating 57 years on the planet with a trip to the coast for a few days.

Happy Birthday youngster!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Greenhorn2 said:

Oslavte 57 let na planetě několikadenním výletem na pobřeží. Rozhodl jsem se, že je čas otevřít pár krabic, o kterých jsem přemýšlel, jestli si je nechat, nebo je vyměnit za něco jiného. Rozhodl jsem se jen kouřit ty zatracené věci. Začal jsem den s tímto TUA MAR 2021, když jsem 2 hodiny řídil, abych získal materiály, aby skutečně začal fungovat. Pracovalo se 5 hodin, pak 5 hodin jelo na spálení tohoto MAR OCT 2020 CORO. Po sprše a nějakém žvanení zakončím svůj dortový den s JL 2, který byl darován z BOTLu. Myslím, že JL 2 byl dnes vítězem. Ta věc hořela s pěkným ovocem v pozadí skoro 2 hodiny. Připomnělo mi to ty tmavé švestky, které jsem jako dítě slézal z babiččina stromu. BRC byla pevná hůl stejně jako CORO. Ale v dnešní cenové hladině mohou mít Habanos problémy s CORO. Vidím, jak sbírají prach.

Good health and happiness on your birthday ...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fugu said:

RG Perlas (TGA NOV 12). Deserving of a mini review: Has morphed into what’s become easily one of the finest cigars in my collection. Full-flavored from the get go, fragrant and aromatic. Mediterranean herbs and spices (think wild majoram, thyme, sage – potpourri of aromas), but so nicely integrated that it’s difficult to dissect. And you don’t want to. Body initially staying mild-medium to slightly under medium. Tis not an in-your-face stick. With progressing, you get clove, Irish moss and a hint of marzipan with rose water coming into play, also caramel, touch of ginger, overlaying the core flavor profile (herbal-spicy). Then, freshly fallen chestnut leaves spring to mind. Steadily gaining in intensity. Further deepening with mocha and hazelnut notes towards the end. A blissful hour to the very nub. The 2012 release is without a doubt a unique cigar.

Note added for those interested, for that’s a constant matter of ‘storage’ debate: Cigars are being kept in their original petacas with the 25ct-cubes in Ziploc (a decade and counting) like I do with all cardboard packaging (either that or wrapped). No detrimental effects, no smell or taste of cardboard, no mustiness, no detectable loss of flavours. Quite the opposite. Cigars smell of tobacco with that ever so slight clove-vanilla note that has been so characteristic of the petacas right from the beginning.

These are tops of the daily smokes for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

To be completely honest, I was never crazy about these.  I haven't smoked one in years.  But today I opened a box that has been sitting in my humidor for 5 years, and it was excellent.  I guess they just needed more time than I was giving them.

I have several boxes of Trinidad and all were pretty meh to me when they were young. Now at the 4 year mark, they all are great except the Topes. They are good, but haven't transitioned like the rest. 

33 minutes ago, Greenhorn2 said:

I have several boxes of Trinidad and all were pretty meh to me when they were young. Now at the 4 year mark, they all are great except the Topes. They are good, but haven't transitioned like the rest. 

Esmeralda and Media Luna are great, young, in my opinion.  

Topes aren't great young or old.  

But the Trova's just never did it for me, until now.

• Like 1