• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

6 hours ago, MagicalBikeRide said:

The ‘16 Monte EL is called Montecristo Dantes 

Nope. Edmundo Dantès in 2016 were Belicosos and have a different band. The cigar pictured is not a Dante. It’s a Monte Cristo LE from 2016. 

2 hours ago, Raskol said:

Time to smoke them.. No edges at all, 1/3 started off with mild to med flavors of chocolate... Moves on to med after the 2/3...finished with med full for this one.. It remains true to its Monte flavors.. Been trying 1 or 2 sticks each year since 2016.. Tis is the best so far...Age has done wonders.. Hope you have a great one too... Cheers! 

This is good to hear. I bought 10ish boxes and only enjoyed 1 of the 7 or 8 I smoked fresh. The rest are deep in the back of my humidor, they were so bad I would have felt bad trading or selling them off. I'll try to dig one out in the next few weeks to see if mine have improved as well. 

20 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

This is good to hear. I bought 10ish boxes and only enjoyed 1 of the 7 or 8 I smoked fresh. The rest are deep in the back of my humidor, they were so bad I would have felt bad trading or selling them off. I'll try to dig one out in the next few weeks to see if mine have improved as well. 

Ditto. Smoked just one and recall (a) it tasting foul and (b) the nicotine beating me senseless 😂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, prshah25 said:

Nope. Edmundo Dantès in 2016 were Belicosos and have a different band. The cigar pictured is not a Dante. It’s a Monte Cristo LE from 2016. 

lol. They don’t make it easy. 

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/cigar/montecristo/edicion-limitada6

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

Same for me. The few I had sampled early on let me abstain from buying. Had nothing to offer for me, and I didn’t see anything promising there, either. But keeping my fingers crossed that yours will eventually come around, like Raskol’s obviously did!

An early review here. Confirmed by follow-ups.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Same for me. The few I had sampled early on let me abstain from buying. Had nothing to offer for me, and I didn’t see anything promising there, either. But keeping my fingers crossed that yours will eventually come around, like Raskol’s obviously did!

An early review here. Confirmed by follow-ups.

I went back and reread the two reviews I did and one echo's your review. Poor construction and very little going on flavor wise. The very first one I smoked (2nd link) was glowing. Unfortunately it was all down hill from there. Age wont fix the construction problems, but hopefully it helps with the flavor. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, raggie said:

A nice Monte PE from the warmth of the lounge watching the Dolphins go down. Couldn’t imagine playing an American football game in -10°F…

I live in KC and I'm a former season ticket holder. Knew several people who were at the game. Brutal conditions but a great win! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KCCubano said:

I live in KC and I'm a former season ticket holder. Knew several people who were at the game. Brutal conditions but a great win! 

Sure was! It looked real rough to not only play out there but to be a spectator. The wind is bitter, brutal, and bites back.