• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 6/1/2023 at 11:32 AM, Glass Half Full said:

Preparing for the Tatuaje dinner this weekend, lit a Triunfador (Original) Lancero -- this from a Collection box identified as Oct 2022, kindly gifted from a friend.  (Still available in the U.S. if you search, for what it's worth.)

The first and second 3rds were outstanding, though there were signs of its youth.  Beautiful start with cocoa nibs and baking spices as the main flavors followed by citrus notes and, on occasion, mint; retros were incredible and nutty in the 2nd third.  The last third showed more youth, with a little bitterness ...But it was the best Tatuaje I've had since an aged Pork Chop.  (I'll be seeking more of these to age, and will keep them with CC's at a lower RH%.) 

(...Nevertheless, followed with a Sig. I just for a little of the twang I love :)

Beautiful Ashtray.  Can you please tell me where did you get it?

9 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

Beautiful Ashtray.  Can you please tell me where did you get it?

No worries Gamehawker, though I'm afraid my answer won't be too helpful.  It was my parents ashtray from the 1950's (the last time they smoked), and back in the day when ashtrays were part of what you had in the living room.   (I'm guessing they bought it in NYC, as they lived there at that time.) ...So, it was a hand-me-down from before I was born, kept simply because I thought it was pretty (before I'd gotten back into cigars this past decade).  

Sorry not to have a more helpful reply, ...though if you look on Craigslist, I have seen some other fun looking ones from back then.  Hope that's helpful, and all the best, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luca said:

TOR DIC 16

@JohnS and @NSXCIGAR remember these?

Remember these? @Luca, ever since cigarmageddon in mid-2022, that's just like distant memories. You know, come to think of it, sometimes I feel like Saito in the Christopher Nolan's 'Inception'...a few days here and there seem like 50 years in limbo!

29glcdibozm21.jpg.7213f72e1e580ecc96df451f7ad57ba2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Glass Half Full said:

No worries Gamehawker, though I'm afraid my answer won't be too helpful.  It was my parents ashtray from the 1950's (the last time they smoked), and back in the day when ashtrays were part of what you had in the living room.   (I'm guessing they bought it in NYC, as they lived there at that time.) ...So, it was a hand-me-down from before I was born, kept simply because I thought it was pretty (before I'd gotten back into cigars this past decade).  

Sorry not to have a more helpful reply, ...though if you look on Craigslist, I have seen some other fun looking ones from back then.  Hope that's helpful, and all the best, 

My parents had similar style ashtrays from 60s. 

3 hours ago, fokker4me said:

This was a mess. Just spice, bitter, and acrid. I smoked half and tossed the second half while walking the dog. Trying to find a a substitute for my Parti Shorts as a dog walking cigar, these aren't it.

While not a replacement for Parti Shorts, the only inexpensive, petite NC that I've truly enjoyed are the Davidoff Primero Maduros, in case that's worth a try.  ...All depends how long your walk is :)  (Short Story can be nice too, though they need a little age IMO, ...unless they're the Angels Share S/S, which are almost too good to be "dog walkers.")

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Boss Hog said:

Juan López Selección Especial LCDH (SER ABR22).

Those look fantastic...I have a sealed box that I can see unsealing tonight (though mine is a different factory code)...care to share how this smoked? 

• Thanks 1