• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 6/2/2023 at 6:18 AM, SigmundChurchill said:
I hate RASS.  While I was out at the beach for Memorial Day weekend, I decided to visit my cigar locker to see if I left anything in it.  There is this high end jewelry store in East Hampton, NY that has a humidor in it with lockers, and they gave me one years ago.  So I go there and ask them to unlock my locker, and it turns out I left a few boxes in there, one of which is a 3/4 full box of RASS.  I probably put it in there so I wouldn't have to look at it in my humidor at home.  So what the hell, I pulled one out and took it home with me.  It's actually pretty good.  Very mellow compared to any other RASS I have smoked.
I'd like to think that the age made it palatable for me, because the alternative is that my standards have dropped so low that I actually like RASS now.

I find RASS do extremely well with age. Smooth out like a fresh RAG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I love RAG, so that makes sense.

I'm with you on the RASS and RAG.  My 2018 RASS are just becoming smokable for me.  RAG, I've got 3 boxes between 2018 and 2022 and they're all very good. 

I find RASS and Lusi in the same camp.  When they are fresh the remind me of that nasty fruitcake that nobody eats.  Clove and molasses, just doesn't do it for me.  Howevery, those same flavors seem to morph into a more gentle carmel sweetness over time which I like.  RASS is getting there...Lusi must need a lot more time because I haven't had one yet that I enjoyed from beginning to end.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

I'm with you on the RASS and RAG.  My 2018 RASS are just becoming smokable for me.  RAG, I've got 3 boxes between 2018 and 2022 and they're all very good. 

I find RASS and Lusi in the same camp.  When they are fresh the remind me of that nasty fruitcake that nobody eats.  Clove and molasses, just doesn't do it for me.  Howevery, those same flavors seem to morph into a more gentle carmel sweetness over time which I like.  RASS is getting there...Lusi must need a lot more time because I haven't had one yet that I enjoyed from beginning to end.

+2 here. my original boxes of 2019 RASS were acrid and un smokeable. They are turning into butterflies now. I thought it was just my palate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

I find RASS and Lusi in the same camp.  When they are fresh the remind me of that nasty fruitcake that nobody eats.  Clove and molasses, just doesn't do it for me.

I actually like cloves and molasses, but fresh RASS to me is like a kick in the teeth, and I don't like that. :rotfl:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bijan said:

I actually like cloves and molasses, but fresh RASS to me is like a kick in the teeth, and I don't like that. :rotfl:

You don’t actually eat fruitcake do you? 🤢😁

1 minute ago, Chibearsv said:

You don’t actually eat fruitcake do you? 🤢😁

🤔

Not a fan, but mainly due to the texture and usual staleness.

I like mince meat pie though, which is similar flavors but edible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, havanaclub said:

I find RASS do extremely well with age. Smooth out like a fresh RAG.

Totally agree 👍

• Like 2