a little rain must fall

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let see you get a "dead drift" in that muck. Keep your dinghy handy. Hopefully no damage will happen.

Mike

according to the bureau of met, over 30 mls in last 6 minutes. in last 24 hours, more than 250mls. it stops at 250 mls so no idea how much.

There is no balance between your life and your physical possessions Ken.

I agree wholeheartedly. Save the cigars and other valuables first.

Put on your white Kaftan....get a big walking stick...and summon 2 of every animal into the house

And don't forget the cane toads and poisonous snakes.

Ken, we need an update. Been worried all night. What is the status?

Anybody hear from Ken in awhile? That last post of the creek having risen to just under the floorboards was pretty alarming. I hope all has turned out for the best Ken, you've got us all worried for you.

Hey Ken maybe since this is a special circumstance the guy with the discount cinder blocks will deliver a truck load out to you and help you build a dike... :lol::lol: I guess he would if he gave a f....k

!!!

They recieved a 1/3 of years annual rainfall in a single day yesterday.

Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

I wish Ken would log on... getting a bit anxious here.

Guys we have more massive rains over night here and Ken and Rob's area got most of it... I will call him on the mobile soon..... never seen anything like it.

Our drought has offically been called off , we have gone from 19% combined compacity for all our dams only 6-7 months ago to our dams now at 70% plus.

I will get back to you once I hear from Ken, lots of power out all around the city so that could be the problem

Lisa

Guys we have more massive rains over night here and Ken and Rob's area got most of it... I will call him on the mobile soon..... never seen anything like it.

Our drought has offically been called off , we have gone from 19% combined compacity for all our dams only 6-7 months ago to our dams now at 70% plus.

I will get back to you once I hear from Ken, lots of power out all around the city so that could be the problem

Lisa

Thanks for the update Lisa. Beginning to wonder if Ken has been washed out to sea. On the bright side I suppose Australian farmers are happy to see the reservoirs being refilled.

He is okay :D I just woke him up as it is 7.30am here and he got to sleep about 4am this morning..

morning all.

and thanks to lisa for the early call!! and to those who kindly called at 6am!!

still here. those photos turned out to be very early shots compared to where it went. really rather scary. the amazon-lookalike has receded now. i have a lovely new large log under the house now.

will post with more details and photos shortly. computer etc had been packed in the car and on higher ground. as for our farmers, in qld, we had a major drought but got a lot of rain over last 6 months. down south they are as dry as dust. you could not imagine the number of emails etc i've had from mates and winemakers down south begging for the same thing. they are in strife down there. probably a tiny bit will trickle down the murray darling system in time but rain here has about as much impact as rain in alaska would impact on florida.

We just got the videos from Brisbane here in the States today.. Damn.. Hope you Boys are alright.. That's a hell of alot of rain!!!

Ken, all joking aside, very glad that you survived!! I hope you are monitoring any spikes in humidity that may impact cigars - you may want to consider adding dry beads to the humidor to correct any imbalance.

I just returned from a small gathering where there was much too much sauvignon blanc so I'm having a bad day too.

Keep well, stay dry, and look forward to your trip to NY.

:D