Price Changes

All I really have to say is OUCH!! I know there is nothing we can do but good grief the once affordable Boli's and Partagas are going to be up there with Cohiba's before we know it and I didn't even dare look at what the Cohiba's cost now.

All I really have to say is OUCH!! I know there is nothing we can do but good grief the once affordable Boli's and Partagas are going to be up there with Cohiba's before we know it and I didn't even dare look at what the Cohiba's cost now.

10% each year over the next 2 years. HSA has passed it on to all distributors. I wish it was not so.

We have discussed this before so no reason to beat a dead horse :clap:

These are just my opinions as to the reasons why:

1. Imperial paid a lot of money for Altadis. They want a better return on investment.

2. Many Cuban fabrica's need massive overhauls. They have to be funded.

3. 10% increase and 30% drop in sales....they make the same profit. They don't believe their sales will drop.

4. Funding and price positioning for the end of the embargo.

I would be more comfortable with CPI increases but the die has been cast. If the market baulks then they may change their mind on future increases. We can only hope but this industry has never been a completely rational one.

Guest rob

The market wont balk.

Tobacco is safe from losing customers when it comes to cost increases. The market (in general) will pay whatever they ask.

But personally, I will be cutting back. They, along with taxes, have forced my hand.

4. Funding and price positioning for the end of the embargo.

Any good CC smoker in the states knows that the end of the embargo is going to be the end of good, affordable cigars anyways. With the new tax stream opening up the cigar taxes here will take off like a rocket. It won't be actual taxes on cigars as we still have to support our domestic producers. It'll come in the form of import tariffs, etc. We (the CC lovers) will just order them from overseas and find ourselves being hit with huge tax bills ( ones we wont be allowed to ignore) instead of the warning letters and meager fines like we do now if we're caught.

I for one hope travel is unrestricted but that the trade embargo lasts forever!