Nub Cigars?

» Gimmick? Well, yeah :-D but the cigar doesn't suffer from it. I'll

» certainly smoke more of them (don't know that I'd buy a box, but I'll

» happily buy singles or five-packs when I want a change-of-pace).

»

» I'll let y'all know when I try the Havana and Connecticut versions...

Thanks for the follow up :-)

All the various reviews I've read so far suggest that these cigars are, well cigars. Has anyone who's smoked these reported any unique properties that can be unequivocally linked to the short-fatness of the cigars? If not, then all that these cigars demonstrate is that a rolled up wad of tobacco that is 4 x 60 still essentially functions like a cigar. Revolutionary? Hardly. Interesting? I'm not even sure about that. As for their "theory" about a "sweet spot" I won't even go there. There was nothing of substance, and no compelling case made for cigars of these dimensions.

However, one thing I am sure about is that having smoked just under a dozen cigars in the 56-64 ring gauge, I am not at all tempted to give these a try. The ergonomics of this cigar simply do not appeal to me. I suspect Nubs will turn out, in the final analysis, to be a fad item simply because they bring nothing particularly new or noteworthy to the world of cigars. I'm sorry but I am unable to get past my skepticism of this wacky idea.

Wilkey

I pretty much agree on all points. All I've read points to a well made, decent tasting cigar - but simply a cigar.

I now get the feeling that this introductory cigar may set up the way for future offerings. Again,

nothing new in the way of a marketing plan. Produce good cigars, people will smoke them.

» I pretty much agree on all points. All I've read points to a well made, decent tasting » cigar - but simply a cigar. I now get the feeling that this introductory cigar may set » » up the way for future offerings. Again, nothing new in the way of a marketing plan.

» Produce good cigars, people will smoke them.

How true.

In a sense, this cigar seems to take the Habanos strategy, a la the HdM PR and M PE, to the extreme.

Wilkey