I have to confess that my only experience, regrettably, with older cigars has been a few that Rob has been kind enough to get for me, best of all a box of 7-year-old Lusi’s which have been fantastic. At the Festival’s Gala dinner, the auctioneer, a Pom, couldn’t help but tell us how good the cigar he was smoking was. He’d been given it by a friendly cigar merchant in London (Rob, you clearly have some serious competition there). I didn’t catch the brand as, like everyone, I was a bit stunned to hear it was from 1886. Anyone out there do better or even come close? Any other thoughts to share on older cigars?

kbg

Seriously, you could have given the Pommy git a Jan 05 Monte 4 and he wouldn't have known the difference.

Without doubt, the worst auctioneer the world has seen. The first ever auctioneer to say " $100,000 dollars (actually it was euro)....that is a lot of money!"

Lord give me strength :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

I the oldest cigar I have smoked and enjoyed was a 1947 RA trump tubo.. no doubt had the tube helped in the preservation.. I have smoked some older then this, but they had all expired and was like smoking a shoe sole.

As it was my B-day not long ago, I celebrated that with a la ecsepcion longo -70s and that was a fantastic smoke.. highly recomended to get your hands on if you can.;-)