H Upmann No 2

Hi All,

Question for you all. This is my first post and don’t even know if I’m posting in the right area so don’t kill me. 1st question is, are these worth aging in the current box? It’s the Canadian paper/cardboard box. It has the cedar sheet separating the 2 rows of cigars. 

2nd question, and I have seen random topics on this awhile back, but what are you thoughts on these boxes? I live in US but have family that constantly comes from Vancouver and Toronto and can bring me whatever I ask for but out of all honesty it hurts to see the boxes like this without the real Cuban box with all the labels and stamps. I know it’s about the cigar but for me it’s the entire experience. To see my humidor filled with all diff boxes from Cuba is one thing but to have the same exact cigars but all these greenish cardboard/paper boxes filling the humidor just seems odd but it’s also the easiest access for me to get cc

IMG_6411.jpeg

IMG_6412.jpeg

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6414.jpeg

IMG_6415.jpeg

IMG_6416.jpeg

IMG_6417.jpeg

IMG_6419.jpeg

IMG_6420.jpeg

IMG_6418.jpeg

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Omg what did you pay for that box? 2K? I am from Canada and embarrassed to see boxes of Cubans like that. And how ridiculous are the labels, when you can literally take them off to see the real ones. Like what on earth is the point ?!!

Lol almost. I paid $1600 Canadian so about $1200 US. Yea I also find it crazy with the labels.

19 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I think the general consensus is you should never store in cardboard, it seems to mute the cigars eventually. Ideally moving them to an empty SLB would be perfect, but if not a tupperware would be fine too, you can throw in some cedar sheets and away you go.

Thanks I was thinking same. I’ll have to see if I can find a cedar box that isn’t too large because I would like to keep them in my climate controlled humidor and the size of the box matters. Or maybe I can find an old used Upmann 2 box online so they fit perfectly.

18 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Cigars are packaged like that and weed has colorful top-notch packaging. Go figure.

Tell me about it, I own a retail dispensary 😅

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nudge said:

lol almost. I paid 1600 Canadian so about 1200 US. Yea I also find it crazy with the labels 

Crazy price. Last box of Upmann#2 I paid $200usd. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Omg what did you pay for that box? 2K? I am from Canada and embarrassed to see boxes of Cubans like that. And how ridiculous are the labels, when you can literally take them off to see the real ones. Like what on earth is the point ?!!

Canadian here too, I hate the new packaging too, f health Canada.

8 hours ago, Nudge said:

Thanks I was thinking same. I’ll have to see if I can find a cedar box that isn’t too large because I would like to keep them in my climate controlled humidor and the size of the box matters. Or maybe I can find an old used upmann 2 box online so they fit perfectly 

You can get a nice small tray from cigarstar.ca I just got one recently. I also got a few from Canadahumidor that are a bit deeper and I feel a bit less quality.

1 hour ago, Nudge said:

Thanks I was thinking same. I’ll have to see if I can find a cedar box that isn’t too large because I would like to keep them in my climate controlled humidor and the size of the box matters. Or maybe I can find an old used upmann 2 box online so they fit perfectly 

Post up in Trading Room that u are seeking empty HU2 box. Sure there are plenty out there!

6 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Post up in Trading Room that u are seeking empty HU2 box. Sure there are plenty out there!

Ah perfect thanks for the advice!

6 hours ago, goalie204 said:

You can get a nice small tray from cigarstar.ca I just got one recently  also got a few from Canadahumidor that are a bit deeper and i feel a bit less quality. 

Thanks Goalie. Will look it up.

2 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

Wow, that must have been around 2016 because I bought 2 boxes of them "LUB JUL 14" for about $210 per box.  I still have one of those boxes still sealed in one of my coolidors! 😊

Yup, somewhere around '15 or '16. They were on "sale" from one of the internet retailers. LUB14 code. 

• Like 1