Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas BSE SEP 23 (FreeOct24)

I was really hoping for a positive review since I haven’t touched my box yet. Was hoping it would encourage me to crack it open. Nope I’ll wait a little longer. This last part did give me a chuckle. Sorry it was bad experience for such a costly cigar. 

59 minutes ago, TacoSauce said:

It had notes of tar and ash. Hints of burnt tires and ass were also evident.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, loose_axle said:

This was sad to read. I'm really sorry you had such a frustrating experience after so much hype and build up. 

Indeed, but isn't this the way with CCs? I have one more of these in the humidor. I'll wait for a sunny day next summer and try again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TacoSauce said:

Indeed, but isn't this the way with CCs? I have one more of these in the humidor. I'll wait for a sunny day next summer and try again!

Yep, I had a Cohiba Lancero for the first time in my life last week. Like sucking for air in a vacuum and akin to tossing gold bullion overboard on a sunny day in the Aegean. So I hear you! 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

Why is it always the part around the band that is like concrete. Never seems to be anywhere else

Rob asked Hamlet this question on one of their YouTube videos. I recall Hamlet's answer was, "inexperienced or lazy rollers." With the exodus of people from the country due to the poor living conditions, inexperienced and lazy rollers might be the only people left on the island! :(

On 9/25/2024 at 11:08 PM, TacoSauce said:

Rob asked Hamlet this question on one of their YouTube videos. I recall Hamlet's answer was, "inexperienced or lazy rollers."

El famoso zapatón !

• Like 1