Cigars That Fly Under The Radar: Vegas Robaina Famosos

Under The Radar: Vegas Robaina Famosos  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I could be wrong (happens a fair bit :D), but I rarely see or hear much fanfare on the VR Famosos, and they happen to be a cigar I think often excels in its class. I'll always more than happily reach for one. 

What do you think?

Vote & Discuss. :cigar:

Also, PM me your cigar/s that go under the radar and I'll add into a series of these. Or pop up your own post. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Ford2112 said:

Never had one. How do they compare to the Unicos?

Smaller cigar, very similar flavors to my taste buds. That unique "dark prunes" flavor note for VR.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2024 at 6:09 PM, JohnS said:

I also love the VR Famosos with age. For me, that's when they really 'sing' for you!

How much age (years)? I have never smoked one and I bought a box from here earlier this year "ESM NOV 23" and I just put them in one of my coolidors and I have not touched them.

Also, how do they compare to my beloved H. Upmann Connoisseur No. 1? (I think the Connie No. 1 smoke best with at least 5+ years of age on them.)

Love the VR Famosos flavour profile. Truly an 'under the radar' cigar. Unicos is also a great cigar. For those that haven't tried the Unicos, give it a go. I recall some years ago Rob referred to his first experience with the Unicos as...reminiscent of Cadbury's Fruit and Nut milk chocolate bar. I think he has perfectly captured the description of the VR flavour profile.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

How much age (years)? I have never smoked one and I bought a box from here earlier this year "ESM NOV 23" and I just put them in one of my coolidors and I have not touched them.

Also, how do they compare to my beloved H. Upmann Connoisseur No. 1? (I think the Connie No. 1 smoke best with at least 5+ years of age on them.)

For the Famosos...maybe around the five year mark? It's when you get a luscious tobacco, milk chocolate and prune/dates combination that you've 'hit the mark'.

H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1? I would agree that these benefit from time down too. But they have a very different profile.

• Thanks 1

Hard for me to touch on what hasn’t already been said. These cigars are really THE hidden gem of Cuba (not so secret anymore). As above, they age beautifully- I don’t tend to smoke these under 4/5 years of age. 
In terms of its profile, I would say it’s most similar to a better rolled/more classy montecristo. However if someone asked me- show me an example of Cuban tobacco, This would be it- it is pure Cuban tobacco at its finest. 

• Like 1