FOH Member Deep Dive - Episode #5: Robert Ford (aka Ford2112)

MoeFOH

Really, Really enjoyed that. Strangely, the chat somehow mimicked a really good smoke. Soft, lilting, characterful, lots of evolution...I can't believe I was just about to say "and a nice happy ending." But then I realised...Lordy, nobody wants to see that!

• Haha 3

Managed to sneak it in during morning meetings! Too many Robs in this game! Everyone's way more interesting than me! Nice one Rob. Glad you're still with us!! I would offer to online Herf, but the time difference is horrendous!

• Like 1

Really, Really enjoyed that. Strangely, the chat somehow mimicked a really good smoke. Soft, lilting, characterful, lots of evolution...I can't believe I was just about to say "and a nice happy ending." But then I realised...Lordy, nobody wants to see that!

That’s a lovely way to describe it.
Lovely video, thanks gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Excellent conversation, thanks guys. (By the way, I've always held out hope that the 2112 reference was for RUSH - the holy triumvirate!)

Love the steelhead fishing convo as well. I'm a novice fisherman at best but my YouTube history would suggest that I know what I'm doing :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Great conversation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LizardGizmo said:

I've always held out hope that the 2112 reference was for RUSH

Of course it's Rush! Ford's a rocker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tuned in to this one because Ford you're from my old college stomping grounds. I live just an hour away. I'm a couple years behind you in age. I left CSUMB and Monterey in 1999 to work up here in tech. You like hanging out in the PNW where my wife's from. I intentionally mispronounce all Oregon river and city names on purpose to irritate her. They're very proud up there! Keep checking off those bucket list items friend. You definitely have perspective.

p.s. 280 million fake cigars produced globally!? Holy crap.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LizardGizmo said:

Excellent conversation, thanks guys. (By the way, I've always held out hope that the 2112 reference was for RUSH - the holy triumvirate!)

Love the steelhead fishing convo as well. I'm a novice fisherman at best but my YouTube history would suggest that I know what I'm doing :rolleyes:

I always assumed 2112 was in reference to the album. They are kick ass in concert!

• Like 2

We are the priests, of the temples of syrinx. Yeah, 2112 was ground breaking music for 1976. Progressive hard rock at it's pinnacle.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

We are the priests, of the temples of syrinx. Yeah, 2112 was ground breaking music for 1976. Progressive hard rock at it's pinnacle.

Du du du du du du du du,du du du du du du dahhh du du du du da ta raka taka taka taka taka ( drum fill from hell)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2024 at 5:28 PM, El Presidente said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the chat Robert / Ford2112 :clap:

It was an honor to be on FOHTV!

• Like 1

Another Californian here. Can confirm, there is nothing better than sitting around a campfire with close friends and family smoking cigars. Had a Punch Punch on a back country Sierra lake fishing with my son a couple weeks ago. Nothing better than that. Catching some brook trout and feasting later didn't hurt either. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Had a listen to this while smashing a bit of work out yesterday, it's great to put faces and voices too the handles.

Your attitude to knocking things off the bucket list is the way to do it, it's great to have future plans and all but you're bang on when you say just get out there and do it now.

• Like 1