‘Chariots of Fire’ immortalized the 1924 Paris Olympics. Decades since its release, the film has taken on ‘a life of its own’

JohnS

cracking film and wonderful story. if you watch the crown, there is a surprising amount about it as dodi whatever-his-name-was was the funding as part of the family's push to be seen as British. 

• Like 1

Great movie. My dad was a very talented runner and as he came to the end of his life his wife complained that Chariots of Fire was the only movie he wanted to watch. I’m putting it on a watch list as I haven’t seen it in an age.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, joeypots said:

Great movie. My dad was a very talented runner and as he came to the end of his life his wife complained that Chariots of Fire was the only movie he wanted to watch. I’m putting it on a watch list as I haven’t seen it in an age.

turns out that it is on here, free to air, tonight. think i will be watching. 

• Like 1

That's a great piece, thanks for posting it John.

The movie is special. The first scene is one of the great ones in cinema, still stirring after all this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And of course the theme song is legendary and sizzled into the mind of anyone who was born in the 70s or earlier.  

• Like 2