FOH Member Deep Dive - Episode #4: John S

MoeFOH

On 7/23/2024 at 9:39 AM, Chitmo said:

Haven’t smoked it yet, trying to find a 2 hour window to smoke uninterrupted. 3 kids = many interruptions! I’ll get back to you 😊 

I can’t even watch the interview uninterrupted. I only have a wife! 😔

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I can’t even watch the interview uninterrupted. I only have a wife! 😔

I’m a sucker for punishment, 1 rabbit, 2 Dogs, 3 Kids, 4 Cats and wifey. Come to think of it, that’s likely why I smoke. 😀 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Finally had a chance myself...this was very enjoyable to watch - too many take aways to name but great to see two friends coming together through the world of cigars 👌 and some great knowledge & experience obviously between you both.

*  I've kept at least 2 boxes of El Principe on hand over the past two years and smoke through them regularly & plan to keep doing so. 😚💨

• Like 2

Thank you @Habanoschris. Yes, it is as you say, I approached this ZOOM catch-up as a simple conversation between friends, I agree. 

One thing that I reflected on later was the topic of Limited and Regional Editions. I admit that the question 'threw' me; it was only upon reflection later that the reason why was because of my personal evolution within this hobby (i.e. as I became settled in my humidor acquisitions over time, the development of my regular production stock became more valued to me) and the change in the Limited Edition program, especially after the release of the 2017 Cohiba Talisman. Once the Cohiba Talisman was released in great quantities and again in 2019, my attention to the program was never the same.

• Like 1

Appreciate that you added this. I have been one to shy away from RE & LE releases with occasional exceptions. It's a feat in and of itself to explore regular production and with cigars we must always try to mitigate variables that can detract from having good experiences. I guess to me, regular production are relatively more predictable & consistent. There is also a question of value when considering purchasing RE/LE vs regular production. Personally, I think more bang for buck sticking to standard release boxes.

I say there is certainly no wrong way except what pleases the individual collector in terms of selection.  

In general you guys have had very incredible experiences & timing...I've had my share of Trinidad but Cohiba not as much, perhaps if I could return to 2018 or earlier I would do that differently.

I don't regret all the amazing boxes of Punch, RA, Bolivar, HdM, Monte etc, etc. I tried in those days - maybe I'd just have bought two more of each one to age, lol.

Yes, the interview was great, got to learn things about you like your career or hobbies that probably wouldn't have come up on the forum readily & enjoy the great little details too like yours' & Rob's take on seeing the real USA or reluctance to smoke an acquaintances' holy grail cigar lol etc (which by the way, smoking a collector's last grail cigar without a twinge of guilt or humility just might just be an indicator of sociopathy 🤣). 

• Like 1