New Winadore not holding RH. It drops when the unit is turned on

jorel

I recently purchased a new NEEDONE Humidor 48L with Cooling and Heating Temperature Control System. After spending 3 weeks getting rid of the new plastic smell and finally seasoning it, I put cigars into it. This is a 300 count system. I have around 180 cigars (mostly toro or larger size) in there at the moment and it seems quite full. They are aligned towards the front door and not the back like the manual says. These are mostly Plasencia with some Perdomo, Alec Bradley and CP Pledges so I am concerned I am not getting this right and hope someone can provide some insight into what I am doing wrong. I've read some of PigFish's recommendations and his video about percent moisture and other forum issues but I haven't found a fix to my particular issue. I have emailed the company and am waiting for their reply.

The issue is: The winadore is not holding humidity when the fan is on or the unit is plugged in and on.

Room temp: 73F

Inside humidor temp: tried 65-69F to test different but still have RH issues

RH = 12 Boveda packs @ 65%

When the unit is tuned on, several hours later I take a reading of between 55-60 RH.

This unit has a water drip system to remove excess moisture which dips down the back wall into a drain which then evaporates it out of the main unit.

I've heard of people duct taping the drain which people seem to say fixes the RH drop issue but then how would I deal with my water drop drain issue? I live in the Pacific North West.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...

The drain needs to be blocked with food grade silicone. Moisture is leaving the cabinet through this mechanism, while the bovedas need to be the regulating method. The bovedas cannot put moisture into the air quickly enough to replace the moisture lost due to this drain.