Legendary runs of cigars....or just very good ones.

I was asked via PM yesterday an interesting question and it was one briefly touched upon in my “Member Deep Dive” with John S on Monday 

The question was “when was the last great run of Romeo y Julieta cigars?”  

Great runs? Legendary runs? I consider a great production run as a golden period/run in a particular cigar. You can find great cigars in any year/production ……but you do come across seams that month to month, just deliver a higher percentage of what are brilliant cigars. The LUB 2013/14 Upmann Number 2 was one great run. Similarly, the TOS 15 Diplomatico Number 2 are in my eyes legendary. How long does a “run” last? From my experience, it can be as short as 2-3 months or as long as 6-8 months even within the same factory code.

Romeo y Julieta? POU 2013’s in the Romeo y Julieta Exhibition Number 4 was special. Similarly, the BUP/MSA Romeo y Julieta Churchills of 2017-2019.

Would love your thoughts on R&J or and other cigar vitola/Marque :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Run of RyJ? I'd agree around 13-14 there was a little green shoot with Churchills and Ex 4 but short-lived. The last great RyJ I had was an 03 Ex 4 50 cab. 

Of course plenty of "runs" and great codes. A few threads on that. TEB, LUB, MUO and EML come to mind. 

MSU 19 Bolivar petit corona, CJ and of course Royal Coronas were all stunning! Have not busted into the TUA 20-21’s yet, but I have high hopes. 😀

• Like 3

2006 RASS cabs

• Like 1

My favorite multi-box experiences (that come to mind immediately) are TEB Bolivar 07/08, BRS Hoyo Epi 2 12, and UAO Siglo II 19.  

2014/2015 ULA, pretty much anything was great, wasn't it?

• Like 3

Those TEB Bolivars are truly extraordinary. Just by dumb luck I picked up several different boxes. TEB SEP07 CEs are great but the TEB ENE08 Tubos No 1s are probably the best Bolivars I’ve smoked. 

22 hours ago, GavLew79 said:

2014/2015 ULA, pretty much anything was great, wasn't it?

But for me a pinnacle in smoking "career" was the '14-15 ULA Boli RC's. Absolute favorite flavor ever! :)

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 4:51 PM, El Presidente said:

I was asked via PM yesterday an interesting question and it was one briefly touched upon in my “Member Deep Dive” with John S on Monday 

The question was “when was the last great run of Romeo y Julieta cigars?”  

Great runs? Legendary runs? I consider a great production run as a golden period/run in a particular cigar. You can find great cigars in any year/production ……but you do come across seams that month to month, just deliver a higher percentage of what are brilliant cigars. The LUB 2013/14 Upmann Number 2 was one great run. Similarly, the TOS 15 Diplomatico Number 2 are in my eyes legendary. How long does a “run” last? From my experience, it can be as short as 2-3 months or as long as 6-8 months even within the same factory code.

Romeo y Julieta? POU 2013’s in the Romeo y Julieta Exhibition Number 4 was special. Similarly, the BUP/MSA Romeo y Julieta Churchills of 2017-2019.

Would love your thoughts on R&J or and other cigar vitola/Marque :thumbsup:

I remember those POU 13 Exhibition 4. Lovely.

18 hours ago, Justins123 said:

Those TEB Bolivars are truly extraordinary. Just by dumb luck I picked up several different boxes. TEB SEP07 CEs are great but the TEB ENE08 Tubos No 1s are probably the best Bolivars I’ve smoked. 

I had some TEB 08 ERdM CS that were phenomenal.