• 1 month later...

The difference in patina between the outer and inner leather is quite interesting. Both are beautiful and have charm.

@chasy that design resembles Goyard to me, but it’s a nice portable case. Neat!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, raggie said:

The difference in patina between the outer and inner leather is quite interesting. Both are beautiful and have charm.

@chasy that design resembles Goyard to me, but it’s a nice portable case. Neat!

I have a Goyard wallet from 7-8 years ago. Can’t recall what it cost, but I think their prices have exploded. They don’t list prices on their website, but second hand Goyard cigar cases on StockX are $2k+! This was wayyy less than that, so I felt a little better!

I have a Goyard wallet from 7-8 years ago. Can’t recall what it cost, but I think their prices have exploded. They don’t list prices on their website, but second hand Goyard cigar cases on StockX are $2k+! This was wayyy less than that, so I felt a little better!

You’re smart to have gone with the Faure Le Page. I was looking at those for a little while, but foolishly went with the overpriced Goyard case instead (what a horse’s arse I am; government employees like myself have no right owning something so luxurious). Although I really like it, I’m scared to death of looking at it the wrong way and damaging it. It’s still fairly new, so I’ll get over that pretty soon. Even the most precious of items should have a purpose and be used!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I had seen Faure Le Page products before, so I was curious to see how they were priced relative to Goyard (whom they are clearly getting ‘inspiration’ from).

Interestingly, the back story of Goyard and Faure Le Page are similar. Both are old school maisons that have been acquired by French entrepreneurs in the last few decades. Goyard was acquire in 1998 and Faure Le Page in the early 2000s. The Goyard acquisition has been an absolute grand slam and both LVMH and Kering are pretty clear that they would buy it if it were ever for sale.

Related to that, I’ve been fascinated with the Moncler story - which is semi similar. Remi Ruffini acquired the Moncler label for its heritage, and subsequently created a multi billion market cap, high end winter wear brand.

Capitalizing on these heritage brands and rebuilding them for todays market / consumer is very cool to me.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 7:25 AM, El Presidente said:

Love it. :ok:

Vintage SADLERS LEATHER CIGAR CASE.

What site is this please Rob?

Scottish, late 19th century. Alligator and sterling silver.

A bit sorry I let this one go, it cleaned up quite well. I took the photos below for the auction listing.

Gone are the days you could casually sift through listings on eBay and find items like this with heavily tarnish silver and unidentified maker markings - for very reasonable prices.

P1010718.JPG

P1010728.JPG

P1010729.JPG

• Like 3