FOH Member Deep Dive - Episode #3: Ken Gargett

MoeFOH

Everyone's favourite moderator by farr as in the wine. Ken if you don't think AFL is the greatest game in the world watch Friday night's game. I reckon Dianna Ayala might agree with me. FOH WOULD NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU ! You are amazing  !

Excellent video.  As a fellow moderator. I know Ken. But I don't really KNOW Ken.  This was an excellent synopsis on the enigma that is Ken. I absolutely loved the growing frustration on Rob's face as Ken's story was meandering between the North and South pole on that one story early on. 😁  Good ribbings all around.

• Like 2

Great stuff,  I particularly enjoyed:

Ken: "Auction's are a great place to take girls"

Rob: "Did you use a paddle?"

Considering the amount of smut and double entendre you guys have churned out in the past, I really enjoyed the fact that came out innocently and unintended, and also met no reaction. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shakey said:

Great interview, and I just realized this Ken is the same Ken who writes for Quill & Pad. 🙂 

that would be correct and you have reminded me that i am horribly overdue for the next couple. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

that would be correct and you have reminded me that i am horribly overdue for the next couple. 

I’ve been into watches far longer than cigars, have been reading your work over there for years and years. It’s very cool to be able to put a face (and a, ahh, personality) to the writing. 

16 minutes ago, Shakey said:

I’ve been into watches far longer than cigars, have been reading your work over there for years and years. It’s very cool to be able to put a face (and a, ahh, personality) to the writing. 

i know bugger all about watches so when the owner asked me to contribute, i thought he was crazy, but he lets me write about the stuff i love. 

if you have been reading for a while, you might be interested to learn that Ian, the owner, was originally a sparkie up in Townsville. about sixteen planets from France and Switzerland. i met Ian 2nd half of the 80s when he drove a truck i was on for about seven months through Africa and Asia and we became good mates. he was a brilliant tour leader. we kept in touch. ian married a Swiss girl and decided he needed to do something in Switzerland. so it was clocks/watches or chocolate basically. things called blogs were just starting so he thought he'd give watches a go. and now has that incredible site. from nothing. 

• Like 3

Great Job Ken! I really enjoyed your life story and I am sure more could be told if there was more time. Part 2 Deep Dive in the future maybe? 

20 hours ago, Jimmy2 said:

Great Job Ken! I really enjoyed your life story and I am sure more could be told if there was more time. Part 2 Deep Dive in the future maybe? 

jimmy, part two would be a discussion on the greatness of Bruce!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, loose_axle said:

I've been enjoying these deep dives. I was curious, and it wasn't covered, but will you ever revive your Kenfessions site @Ken Gargett ? Have missed those pairings and reviews. 

rob put the kybosh on those. you'll have to speak to him.