Australia Post - the most inept, incompetent, useless organisation to ever exist

If it makes you feel any better this story could easily apply to Canada post. The FORNICATORS, leave a delivery notice saying they attempted delivery regularly even though I’m home. I caught one of the on my motion sensor just in time to intercept him walking away. Didn’t even deny it, just said “meh, I’m busy and don’t have time to wait for people to come to the door!” 😡 

You gotta make good use of the system Ken. Auspost is amazing at paying out standard insurance on lost parcels… only for the parcel to turn up a few days after I’ve got the insurance money. I’m well cash positive by it. Just as I had never paid a Telstra bill in the 18 years I was with them. Use the incompetence to your advantage! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, El Presidente said:

.....you take being Ken to a whole new level ......:rotfl:

“Ohh hello online accounts team I’d like to lodge a dispute…” “Ohh ok here’s 50 bucks credit”. “Ohh hello billing team I’d like to lodge a complaint” “Ohh ok here’s 100 bucks credit”. “Hello office of the CEO, I'd like to lodge a complaint” “Ohh ok here’s 100 bucks credit”. Rinse and repeat. Generally make a few calls every few months and you’ve got another 6 months of free ride ahead. Never did I once suggest I want credit. I make the complaint about a random issue, and instead of fix the problem they just give you credit.
The best was for 6 months they didn’t link my billing account to my phone or something. So they were charging my account, but billing was sending me bills for 0$. Eventually got calls from debt collectors, at which point the ombudsman got involved and tore them a new one. I got nearly two years of credit on my account for the pain and suffering. 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LordAnubis said:

Auspost is amazing at paying out standard insurance on lost parcels… only for the parcel to turn up a few days after I’ve got the insurance money.

It's not surprising that any organization that does this would be lacking in other areas. 

5 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

It's not surprising that any organization that does this would be lacking in other areas. 

It goes like this. Parcel scheduled for delivery on Monday. Not delivered. After 10 days Aus Post declares parcel missing. Pay out insurance. Then a few days later it miraculously turns up somehow. Had many many payouts. And never once lost a parcel within Australia. Incompetence, dodgy system whatever it is. I’m certainly not shedding any tears for the corporation. 😂

AP are useless. So many times they have claimed to deliver a parcel to my home, but nothing has showed up. AP idiots will say, "Oh, we have a proof of delivery signature". I usually reply, "Sure, here's my CCTV for the day and time of the delivery.... oh, and you can see the driver slowing down... then going straight past my property." Several times they have left parcels; on the driveway, behind the hedges in my garden, or on the path to my front door... and usually when it is a cloudy day and about to rain. If by some miracle they do deliver to my front door, they can never be bothered to push the doorbell/intercom.

Luckily, I'm now on pretty good terms with one of the local contract drivers in my work area. If he see's my cartons in the pile at the depot, he'll pull them to make sure they get delivered properly.

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

AP are useless. So many times they have claimed to deliver a parcel to my home, but nothing has showed up. AP idiots will say, "Oh, we have a proof of delivery signature". I usually reply, "Sure, here's my CCTV for the day and time of the delivery.... oh, and you can see the driver slowing down... then going straight past my property." Several times they have left parcels; on the driveway, behind the hedges in my garden, or on the path to my front door... and usually when it is a cloudy day and about to rain. If by some miracle they do deliver to my front door, they can never be bothered to push the doorbell/intercom.

Luckily, I'm now on pretty good terms with one of the local contract drivers in my work area. If he see's my cartons in the pile at the depot, he'll pull them to make sure they get delivered properly.

fuzz, i had one left on the footpath. still, they are not as bad as the courier who thought, at my old place, he should make certain that the delivery was out of the sun. so he put six expensive bottles of wine in the compost bin. sadly, he forgot to tell anyone. when i finally found them, winery not best pleased but they replaced them. 

i am on good terms with the main guys. it is the occasional idiots that are the problem. 

the number of times i have had to go to the local post office to collect. they have limited parking including a space for aust post vans only. they get very upset if you park there. they stop arguing when you point out why you had to be there. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

If anyone knows anything more incompetent, please let me know. 

Let me tell you about public utility inspectors in the USA.  I am doing electrical work that requires inspection, inspection is scheduled weeks in advance and I make sure to block out the entire day because they won’t give a definite time and missing the inspection will set the project back months. I spend the day working from a room with a view of the entry so I don’t miss the inspector. 

Morning, no inspector. Afternoon, no inspector. Evening, no inspector. 

Inspection office calls the next day. “Due to no person answering the door blah blah blah…”. I say “So, the inspector came to the door?” They say “Yes, it says he rang the doorbell and there was no answer.” I say “The inspector rang the *video camera doorbell* that records every person who comes to the door?” Complete silence for 30 seconds. They say “How about tomorrow at 10AM sharp?” 

Sure, that would be lovely. Thanks. 🙂 

7 hours ago, Chitmo said:

If it makes you feel any better this story could easily apply to Canada post. The FORNICATORS, leave a delivery notice saying they attempted delivery regularly even though I’m home. I caught one of the on my motion sensor just in time to intercept him walking away. Didn’t even deny it, just said “meh, I’m busy and don’t have time to wait for people to come to the door!” 😡 

That's incredible, you could all just be talking about the French post (La Poste) and I would have nothing to add. I guess it's global 😩 

• JohnS changed the title to Australia Post - the most inept, incompetent, useless organisation to ever exist
15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Hear hear. 

Workers are entilted to work in an environment without abuse or ridicule, regardless of the circumstances. 

You should be ashamed of yourself for carrying on in such a manner. You are 70ish for God sake. 

oh spare me. did you trip over the monumental hypocrisy dripping from your every action? i am about a year older than you (although much more youthful in outlook and attitude), as you well know. 

you post this the same day as you post your own battle with bureaucracy - love it!!

at least mine was a legit complaint. yours was merely a sad and understandably futile attempt to annoy a bureaucrat in the vain hope of making yourself feel the vaguest sign of life. 

plus, you used the word, 'workers'. this would mean you either failed to read, or did not understand my post. if they were 'workers', i would have no issue. they are not. they are bone lazy, incompetent wastes of space, oxygen thieves. they would not 'work' with a manual and someone to explain it to them. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

oh spare me. did you trip over the monumental hypocrisy dripping from your every action? i am about a year older than you (although much more youthful in outlook and attitude), as you well know. 

you post this the same day as you post your own battle with bureaucracy - love it!!

at least mine was a legit complaint. yours was merely a sad and understandably futile attempt to annoy a bureaucrat in the vain hope of making yourself feel the vaguest sign of life. 

plus, you used the word, 'workers'. this would mean you either failed to read, or did not understand my post. if they were 'workers', i would have no issue. they are not. they are bone lazy, incompetent wastes of space, oxygen thieves. they would not 'work' with a manual and someone to explain it to them. 

Pretty sure it was sarcasm!

17 hours ago, Chitmo said:

Pretty sure it was sarcasm!

No no no no no. We don't want the banter to stop between Prez and Ken. Please don't advocate for either one. Just sit back and watch the magic happen 😁

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

No no no no no.  We don't want the banter to stop between Prez and Ken.  Please don't advocate for either one.  Just sit back and watch the magic happen 😁

To be fair I smoked a joint before rolling through, I was just reading comments and payed zero attention to who was making them. 

• Like 1