VIDEO: Unboxing Phoenicia Trading’s Por Larrañaga Fénix

A Cuban Regional Edition made just for Phoenicia’s territories comes in a stunning presentation

Jun 21, 2024 - By Gregory Mottola

It’s always a thrill when a Cuban cigar comes out in the 109 format, which is why we were so happy to get a box of the Por Larrañaga Fénix, a Regional Edition made especially for Habanos distributor Phoenicia Trading A.A. and its many territories. The shape is quite large, measuring 7 1/4 inches by 50 ring gauge, but what makes it distinct is the head. 

Though certainly tapered, Fénix’s head is not quite that of a belicoso or pirámide. Some call it a campana, which translates to “bell” in Spanish, on account of its bell shape. Others call it a drop head or cabeza tumbada because it resembles a drop. We tend to refer to these simply as 109, the name used in Cuban cigar factories for this particular size. The Por Larrañaga Fénix was released late last year and the packaging is unusually elaborate. Want to see it? Watch executive editor David Savona unbox these beauties. 

The source for this article and the unboxing can be viewed at the link below:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/video-unboxing-phoenicia-trading-s-por-larranaga-fenix

A recent thread was posted in our forum (just last month) stating that the Por Larranaga Fenix could be purchased at Beirut Airport in Lebanon, but only if it was purchased alongside the Cohiba Siglo de Oro. The link for that thread can be accessed below:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnS said:

Por Larranaga Fenix could be purchased at Beirut Airport in Lebanon, but only if it was purchased alongside the Cohiba Siglo de Oro

Lord I hate seeing this. It's a common theme at some liquor stores around here when buying allocated bottles. "buy this dust collector in order to buy the bottle you really want". I think the siglo de oro was a major fail. No body wants a glorified medio siglo in a fancier box. 

1 hour ago, gormag38 said:

Lord I hate seeing this. It's a common theme at some liquor stores around here when buying allocated bottles. "buy this dust collector in order to buy the bottle you really want". I think the siglo de oro was a major fail. No body wants a glorified medio siglo in a fancier box. 

Still coming from a cigar smoker where our country plain packages everything- it's a beautiful presentation but as @El Presidente said in one of his video reviews: "We smoke cigars not boxes!"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gormag38 said:

The cigar was a fail or the release? The cigars are great, and like I mentioned in another post, they smoke slowly, have tons of depth and are quite enjoyable. I hated the size also, but the cigar itself is excellent. But I definitely understand, spending that kind of $$ for that short of stick is a fail as buyers are limited, knowing current trends. 

7 hours ago, SUP8333 said:
Is it available in Lebanon only? Anywhere else?

Available in Cyprus but won’t sell full boxes, only three sticks at a time. They sell quick when they are out on the shelf. Also I wanted an empty box to put them in and the distributor said no!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Tollickd said:

Ok picked some up today only 3 per day. They had a few boxes so going to pick up three every day for a while lol

Love your commitment! :clap:

I will be in Cyprus in September with Rob Fox. I hope we have the opportunity to catch up :ok: