Arturo Fuenty Opus X Unknown date (FRCJun24)

I just had one of those weeks where nothing went right, so I figured I follow up here with something else that didn't go right... an OpusX cigar and my rude review! These cigars are always held in high esteem, but that's not what I experienced. I bought this from my local cigar bar last year and was saving it. At the time it was the most expensive cigar I had ever purchased. CHUMP CHANGE NOW! My beautiful sweet Shepherd mix Maple went from full of pep to full crash in two days. I broke this out on Friday after we came back from the vet with no real answers as to what was going on with her. I always sit in the backyard with my dogs and enjoy 45min to an hour of zen time while smoking a cigar. So we sat. I thought this would be a good example and help put me in a better mood.

20240614_170915.jpg.9dfa85dfd521c4ace49f7236c29add09.jpg

First off, I hate the square torpedo. I don't like how it feels whatsoever. What a stupid shape. I angle cut it and got my lighter out. It was having a hard time to get going. It's probably my luck I got a $33 dud or whatever it cost. I don't care what it cost compared to... you know! I get it going and it's pretty much a one note cigar. Not enjoyable. Just mild shoe leather. I keep at it hoping it would develop and I'm taking my time and it's smoking slowly. WAY SLOW for a new world.

20240614_174233.jpg.addb4f6ae2075c8eb800676663dc10f2.jpg

I'm puffing away and txt'ing WJS what shit cigar this is and I'm starting to get irritated. It finally hits me what I'm tasting. DONNA KARIN SHOE LEATHER AND BRAZILIAN NUT. You know these nasty dry things (I won't repeat what my Dad's generation used to call them). You can't eat two of those things at once without losing all the moisture in your mouth.

brazilliannut.JPG.f2ec902a26d3cf86059ab6b4687be3dc.JPG

It's not going well and it's getting late. I was thinking, "I'm glad my dog is still alive to smell how bad this cigar is". I'm trashing the cigar over text with WJS and letting Maple know I got ripped off on this one. She always gave me a wink over a well thought out rant. Dad's not having a good time and I wanted to speed things up. So I got out Grandad's old cutter, because I was ready to toss this thing anyways. I figured let's really get rude because it can't get any worse! Let's see what the last half tastes like? So I cut this stupid point pyramid shaped cigar in half. Side note, in a rush I've cut a cigar back far enough to salvage it for later in the day if I was really enjoying it. I mean, it's not the same afterwards but a good cigar is a good cigar. THAT'S NOT WHAT I HAD HERE! I knew I was about to crack the wrapper.

20240614_180239.jpg.99ecf3242906ce36f1f977575c299ed0.jpg

...so I did and it did.

20240614_175544.jpg.8c95db677c811d67c8c7b4b5daeb1946.jpg

So long OpusX you sucked! I don't care if I got a dud. There's no way I'm ever buying one again. My weekend didn't get any better.

RIP Maple (June 18, 2010 - June 16, 2024) Sweetest girl. I have to break out a good one for you this Sunday sweetheart. I'm sorry I didn't run you to the only emergency vet open on Father's day after the first seizure. I'll never make that mistake again. 😥 I'll never forget you and will remember those soft sweet eyes and a hammer of a tail wag forever.

20240511_140740.jpg.476404c3bb5034fe65a639d775ea3d31.jpg

• Sad 8

Sorry for your loss. It is such a wonderful, magical and amazing time when you have your cherished friends and companions but it is a horrible and painful time letting them go. 

Remember the incredible memories to comfort your heart and soul right now. 

• Like 1