TV Series - what are you currently digging?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last TV Series I streamed was Community, which was on Netflix for at least 4 years but left this year as NBC got back the rights so they can stream it on their Peacock Streaming Service in the US.

I was not expecting to enjoy the Amazon series Fallout as much as I did.  Based on a video game I've never seen or played it had great production values, good writing, etc. - and it's nice to see Lesl

That's an outstanding show! I've been hooked on the 1st season of true detective. Maybe the best I've ever seen. I still maintain Band of Brothers is the best series of all time, followed by Sopranos

On 6/18/2024 at 7:19 PM, chasy said:

Liking Dark Matter on AppleTV right now.

Last night's episode was insane!  Love this show.

After each episode, I watch this guy's 10 minute YouTube video.  He points out so many things that I miss when watching the show...

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 3:22 PM, Ford2112 said:

That's an outstanding show! I've been hooked on the 1st season of true detective. Maybe the best I've ever seen. I still maintain Band of Brothers is the best series of all time, followed by Sopranos and the Wire.

Season 1 was amazing.

Unfortunately, none of the other seasons even came close.  But since each season is a totally different story, you can just watch season 1 and not feel like you wasted your time.

• Like 3

Just finished a full re-watch of Boardwalk Empire. I love Buscemi and Michael K Williams. Underrated show, if you like turn of the century gangster stuff. 

For fans of The Wire, before my Boardwalk rewatch, I watched (for the first time) the short three season series The Deuce. Shares many of the same actors, writers and producers as The Wire. Really liked it!

Another great series that is still running is Godfather of Harlem, three seasons so far. All have been fantastic. Bumpy Johnson and Malcolm X. Forest Whitaker is outstanding (as usual). 

Final suggestion I'll keep repeating .... It was a quick two seasons of awesomeness. HBO's Rome. One of films best bromances, Roman Centurion's Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus.

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2024 at 3:16 PM, raggie said:

I also really enjoyed Chernobyl, HBOs mini series.

That's a great reminder...been meaning to watch that one; supposed to be awesome!

• Like 1