TV Series - what are you currently digging?

Kicking this off with a great Aussie comedy series I'm right into, Colin From Accounts, it's currently just dropping second season episodes... if you haven't seen it, give it a crack! :D (think it's on Paramount Plus in the States).

What show has the hook in you right now? Post em up! :cigar:

• Like 2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last TV Series I streamed was Community, which was on Netflix for at least 4 years but left this year as NBC got back the rights so they can stream it on their Peacock Streaming Service in the US.

I was not expecting to enjoy the Amazon series Fallout as much as I did.  Based on a video game I've never seen or played it had great production values, good writing, etc. - and it's nice to see Lesl

That's an outstanding show! I've been hooked on the 1st season of true detective. Maybe the best I've ever seen. I still maintain Band of Brothers is the best series of all time, followed by Sopranos

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

It's quite simply a piece of magic that captured the times it was made in. Just simply brilliant!

Couldn't agree more. Dean Pelton steals the later seasons imho. I know the crew did not get along great with Chevy Chase and it was apparent towards the end of his stay as he became less and less of a character in episodes before finally leaving. 

Donald Glover leaving was one of the saddest things; such a bright, talented mind. The show took a step back from that point forward. I've heard stories that once he got his 'sea legs' the writers stopped writing jokes for him, as he had such a natural talent at timing and creativity. 

I'll certainly watch the movie; would love it if they could get the original cast back together. 

As for shows I'm currently watching: 

image.jpeg.578f0523c63b03f4fb5c59f7c563319f.jpeg

Just something light and easy. I've been wanting to give Shogun a try but need to find the time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lately I've been watching Scrubs and American Horror Story 👍 

I know it's a really unpopular opinion but despite being a fan of Hiroyuki Sanada, I've been really disappointed by Shogun's epilogue, fwiw...

• Like 2

Just did a rewatch of an under appreciated and short lived series:

The Time Traveler's Wife (TV Series 2022) - IMDb

Speaking of; I had to do a rewatch of Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles because my wife hasn't watched it.  Great series IMO.

So Robotic: “The Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles” In Review –  Atomic Tango

And now The Boys season 4 has kicked off along with the new season of House Of The Dragon so lots of new TV.

• Like 3

I like to bounce around between shows that are shorter running and easy to go through. Currently restarted Titans and The Boys. At only a handful of seasons, both pretty quick shows to go through and catch up on. Then I have one or two long runners that I'll start with my wife. We just flipped a coin between Mad Men and Sopranos a few weeks ago, and landed on starting Sopranos.

10 hours ago, Ciscojohansson said:

The new Shogun series. The best TV I have seen for some time. I just hope they do not make a season two.

This is next up for me, as the book was great and vaguely remember the mini series being pretty good. Hopefully it goes for at least a few seasons!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack said:

I was not expecting to enjoy the Amazon series Fallout as much as I did.  Based on a video game I've never seen or played it had great production values, good writing, etc. - and it's nice to see Leslie Uggams

Shoot; I forgot about this! Loved the game, so this a must to check out. Glad to hear it didn't disappoint.

4 hours ago, NeoGeo said:

I like to bounce around between shows that are shorter running and easy to go through. Currently restarted Titans and The Boys. At only a handful of seasons, both pretty quick shows to go through and catch up on. Then I have one or two long runners that I'll start with my wife. We just flipped a coin between Mad Men and Sopranos a few weeks ago, and landed on starting Sopranos.

I watched both during some extended civil lockdowns here in Australia during the Covid-19 pandemic. Both series were fantastic, of course. You can't go wrong. I recommend to watch both.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NeoGeo said:

and landed on starting Sopranos.

Just clocked this recently. Never got into it back in its day... you won't be disappointed! Brilliant show! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

Just clocked this recently. Never got into it back in its day... you won't be disappointed! Brilliant show! 

Great to hear. Same for me, I originally watched a few and thought, "meh, what's the draw here?", and it seemed so long and drawn out. I've developed a new patience for longer-running shows now and quite enjoy being able to spend a bit more time on one story.

• Like 1

For some reason I've went back this week & now almost finished season 1 of True Detective. It's pretty cool. 

One of my all time favorite shows is the Rockford Files.

15 hours ago, SteveA said:

I just finished this show last night. It's rather dark, but I enjoyed it.

IMDb: : Bloodline 
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3520702/

I watched a good bit of this, like the family dynamics & the south Florida vibes.

• Like 4

*Just LOVE and look forward to "Everybody Loves Raymond" nightly!  And yes I enjoy it in syndication.

• Like 1

I don't watch a whole lot of TV but I have to agree with those recommending Fallout.  I watched it twice.  I never played the game but was familiar with it.  I think they did an absolutely amazing job with the show.  And Walton Goggins, as usual, steals the show.

Screenshot+2024-03-07+at+11.35.49%E2%80%

• Like 3

Mr Inbetween on Hulu. Black comedy.

Tour de France:Unchained on Netflix. Addicting to say the least.

• Like 1