Electric coolerdor or other hot temperature storage options

eejulieta

Curious if anyone has any 'hot temperature' storage options such as a plug in electric coolerdor or something else? My apartment is generally 25°C or lower, but for around 3 months in summer it gets above 30°C and I'm worried about storing cigars at this temperature.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Allen

I do not recommend to storing cigars at temparatures above 20 degrees Celsius. I had very hard experience in the past when I worked in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The temparature in my apartment was around 25 to 30 degrees Celsius. I stored my cigars (5-6 boxes) I brought from Japan in the room. After 2 weeks, I found that mold was growing on the surface of all my cigars.

Now I live in Tokyo Japan where it is very humid and hot in summer therefore I store my cigars (about 30 boxes) in my wine cellar at the controlled temperature of 14 degrees Celsius. And I put all my cigars into Ziploc style bags (I use double bags) with a 69% Boveda pack.

• Thanks 1

For affordable options, you can either buy a wine cooler and use tupperdores/cedar boxes + boveda packs or just buy a electric humidor where the temperature and humidity is controlled. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem, living in the Caribbean both with high temperature and high humidity in my house, and came to the conclusion that a temp & humidity controlled unit that is compressor-based is the only solution to keep cigars in good condition. Compressor-based is key because every opening of a humidor in my environment would cause a humidity spike UP. So a compressor based unit which works very quickly and frequently is the key to control humidity.

I wish I had bought a Raching unit as suggested as above, but due to cost I opted for a lower cost and smaller Newair 1500. It works fairly well and can stays very close to my 68F and 65% RH settings...If I buy a new unit in the future it will be a Raching for sure.

• Like 1