ICC: USA beats Pakistan

I just read it went to a super over, scores being tied and Pakistan conceded 7 runs from wide balls in their over. 🤔

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

;)

image.png

Adorable. Aaron Jones hammered 10 sixes last match, there is talent. I'd say it would be valid as a fix, but the odds are seriously not good enough for that. 

Aaron Jones and Corey Anderson (who used to play for New Zealand but qualified for the USA through marriage to his American wife) are easily of the same standard as the greater majority of other players representing the major cricket-playing nations at this tournament. However, the game involved Pakistan in an upset result, so the idea of a 'fix' is easily justifiable based on their past affiliation with betting controversies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Aaron Jones and Corey Anderson (who used to play for New Zealand but qualified for the USA through marriage to his American wife) are easily of the same standard as the greater majority of other players representing the major cricket-playing nations at this tournament. However, the game involved Pakistan in an upset result, so the idea of a 'fix' is easily justifiable based on their past affiliation with betting controversies.

I'll always respect a john take on sports, even if I disagree. I just don't think that many people can keep a secret. Especially, jocks. Which is why I take any conspiracy with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BoliDan said:

I'll always respect a john take on sports, even if I disagree. I just don't think that many people can keep a secret. Especially, jocks. Which is why I take any conspiracy with a grain of salt.

Dan

Now you need to do a little research on the Pakistan team/history and their relationship with Indian/Pakistani bookmakers. Cricket in general but particularly in the Indian subcontinent. 

Millions would have been made betting on that last over alone. The estimated size of underground bookmaker cricket betting is 50 billion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Dan

Now you need to do a little research on the Pakistan team/history and their relationship with Indian/Pakistani bookmakers. Cricket in general but particularly in the Indian subcontinent. 

Millions would have been made betting on that last over alone. The estimated size of underground bookmaker cricket betting is 50 billion. 

Well we play India next, I'll be rooting for ya against our dad, England. Daddy issues...

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

Well we play India next, I'll be rooting for ya against our dad, England. Daddy issues...

Haha...good one, Dan!

Incidentally, if you're in the USA and are following games, be aware that unfortunately the games in New York have been affected by poor pitch preparation resulting in games where it's been hard to bat. On the contrary, that Cricket Stadium in Dallas is a 'batter's dream'. I can see more big-score games there as the field is small and the pitch for the USA-Canada game looked like a colloquial highway! (In other words, the pitch was quite flat and offered little assistance to the bowlers.)

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 11:35 PM, El Presidente said:

9f4fbca6639e18e7badf416fe36fe64b.jpg.c7486a555222329d37af6b037bcb3251.jpg

• Haha 1