Cigar Storage-Needone 23L Humidor

Partyshrts

Anyone use one of these? I keep a coolerdor in my basement that is always around 55-65F temp. I bought the Needone Humidor to keep upstairs which during the summer can run up to 75F. I keep the Needone at 70F. The problem is when it cools it brings outside air in which drops the RH to 58%. It takes awhile to bring back to 65% as I use 65 Boveda packs. Anyone have this experience? I don't know if adding more packs will stabilize the RH. I'm a little concerned that the RH fluctuations might affect the cigars but I'm probably worrying for nothing as the worst thing that could happen is a wrapper split but highly unlikely at the small difference of RH. I wouldn't think the cigar smokability would be affected either as many keep 60% regularly. Thoughts for an anal retentive enthusiast?

How many Boveda are you using? I have a Kingchii 35L that I keep in my basement. 68F ambient, 65F in the Kingchii. I have about about 12 x 62% Boveda inside and havne't had very many issues with humidity dropping when I open the door. If I keep it open for a long time it'll dip but come back up quickly. Cigars are more resilient than you think. 

• Like 2

Hi. I have Klarstein El Presidente Cigar Humidor 23 L. To maintain humidity in each tray, I use Boveda 69%. (320g, 60g). The humidity is 69-70% on the three lower trays, 66-67% on the upper one. The temperature on the upper tray is 2 degrees higher than on the lower ones. Humidity is always stable. Boveda works well. I have been using this storage option for two years now. Cigars are always in good condition. I am satisfied.

Klarsten.jpg

59 minutes ago, Ck293 said:

How many Boveda are you using? I have a Kingchii 35L that I keep in my basement. 68F ambient, 65F in the Kingchii. I have about about 12 x 62% Boveda inside and havne't had very many issues with humidity dropping when I open the door. If I keep it open for a long time it'll dip but come back up quickly. Cigars are more resilient than you think. 

I use 2 60g boveda on the bottom. They stay full. It's not opening that is the issue, it's the incoming air. Looks like you wouldn't have in issue because I'm guessing yours doesn't turn on very often at your temp difference.

• Like 1

I have several Kind Chii myself 48L 26L and 16L. These were very generously gifted to me actually by them (I have a YouTube channel). I am using the 48L and 26L for 6 months or more and have been pretty stable - so far I'm happy with them too. 

IMG_6319 2.jpg

IMG_6321 2.jpg

IMG_6320 2.jpg

• Like 2