The largest counter-offensive since D Day. The Battle for the future of Trinidad begins

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those of us that aren't familiar with the history of Cuban cigars, this latest video by Kirby and the Financial Times article cited above is an example of media organisations propagating stories t

......"alternative facts" John....."alternative facts" 

If there is one thing I hate more than watching Kirby, it's watching Kirby spend time in the company of the delightful Jemma. Where's my goddamn quality Jemma time?  

She's so effortlessly demure and classy. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MrFolgers said:

8u5jkj.jpg

This is the best FOH post...in...a...long...long time. Inspired. I take my hat off to you.

12 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Are we ready

This guy looks like he found Nemo and put him in his pocket.  And that's just the very beginning of his catalogue of weirdness.  He reminds me of Colonel Kurtz in Apolocyspe Now mixed with Hannibal Lecter,...quite the cocktail.

"The Horror!"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 99call said:

This guy looks like he found Nemo and put him in his pocket.  And that's just the very beginning of his catalogue of weirdness.  He reminds me of Colonel Kurtz in Apolocyspe Now mixed with Hannibal Lecter,...quite the cocktail.

"The Horror!"

You can go meet him. He's the manager of Mitch's Leeds store!

On 6/10/2024 at 9:52 AM, SCgarman said:

At one time they were $158/24ct box. Ask me how I know. 

I bought the last box of Media Luna in Havana on June 9, 2022 for $120. I knew prices were going up on the 11th and I thought to myself that yeah, I suppose they could raise the prices 25% on Trini and get away with it. Cut to a 300% increase. Ridiculous. 

I do miss the Reyes very much though. Only regular rotation cigar that really got torpedoed by Cigarmageddon. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I bought the last box of Media Luna in Havana on June 9, 2022 for $120. I knew prices were going up on the 11th and I thought to myself that yeah, I suppose they could raise the prices 25% on Trini and get away with it. Cut to a 300% increase. Ridiculous. 

I do miss the Reyes very much though. Only regular rotation cigar that really got torpedoed by Cigarmageddon. 

I wish I started this addiction earlier.

4 hours ago, ha_banos said:

That's where you went wrong. It's not even an addiction. 

It's widely agreed upon among cigar smokers but each time I hear or read it, it tickles me. 

I've been addicted to cigarettes (and probably to booze at some point) and smoking cigars is not an addiction, this I agree, but it isn't totally not an addiction either imo. 

Genuine question for all of you as I can't seem to answer it for myself :

Why is cigar smoking not an addiction according to you ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Li Bai said:

They are like food. I told my doctor  in no uncertain terms will I give up cigars and she acquiesced!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Li Bai said:

It's widely agreed upon among cigar smokers but each time i hear or read it, it tickles me. 

I've been addicted to cigarettes (and probably to booze at some point) and smoking cigars is not an addiction, this i agree, but it isn't totally not an addiction either imo. 

Genuine question for all of you as i can't seem to answer it for myself :

Easy. I could stop collecting. At any time! If I wanted to!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ha_banos said:

Easy. I could stop collecting. At any time! If I wanted to!

So you're not addicted to collecting 😉

May I assume you also mean you could stop smoking cigars overnight easily and without any effort ?

1 hour ago, Li Bai said:

So you're not addicted to collecting 😉

May I assume you also mean you could stop smoking cigars overnight easily and without any effort ?

That was my lousy play on words. Beating around the old bush.

I was trying, poorly, to imply I'm probably addicted to the collecting. I go months sometimes without smoking a cigar during the harsh British winter months. No real bother there. But I'm not able to completely stop topping up.... 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The world is f'd. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Li Bai said:

Genuine question for all of you as i can't seem to answer it for myself :

The argument that cigars don't have potential to be addictive always seemed silly to me. They deliver a highly addictive chemical to your brain and generally make you feel good. Of course it can be addictive. 

Personally - the most difficult thing for me to do without, and it's not even a close competition, is coffee. I can go without alcohol, cigars, meat, etc. pretty easily but coffee is very tough to give up. 

Makes me sick that I never pulled the trigger on a box in those days. Bought plenty of other crap but I never thought cubans especially trini would price themselves put of the everday smoke league.

10 minutes ago, 99call said:

Although I love the fair city of  Leeds...I'll pass.

Go on. It's only polite. If you're really luck KA will be there filming himself. 

IMG-20240618-WA0010.jpg.8abf380ac3c2832dc2f9b6fa49c3fffc.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, ha_banos said:

That was my lousy play on words. Beating around the old bush.

I was trying, poorly, to imply I'm probably addicted to the collecting.

That's what I thought when I read your post but it's harder to be sure when not talking face-to-face. 😉

• Like 1