• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The season is a long one, full of peaks and troughs (or valleys). Let's see where the Red Sox are around the mid-point...which is traditionally around the All-Star Game in July. I'm excited for T

Football consumes me in the winter so much I haven’t had a chance to really check in on things yet. My Boys in Blue do anything noteworthy???

So,this happened @BigGuns.🤣😵‍💫

On 5/21/2024 at 9:07 AM, Ford2112 said:

Could be worse. Any Rockies fans here? 

The Giants had a crazy weekend with some of our farm system kids. Looking forward to seeing them play after all these injuries. Jung Hoo Lee is out for the season with shoulder surgery. I still see this team as one with potential. Starting pitching is good and bullpen is getting some much needed improvement. Camilo Doval is lights out as a closer. Soler needs to step it up. 

Cautiously optimistic about the Giants...but then again, I've been that a couple years in a row now. Wish we had landed a couple sluggers. Having Wade out, is going to suck, but hopefully that kid, Brooks they just called up can keep his AAA warmth going! Just glad to be ahead of AZ so far.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Remembering Angel... so sad he's gone :D

Possibly worst ump in baseball history. He made a call here in Kansas City one time that was stunning. Quite the tool! 

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party on this thread but we have had a rocky if at times entertaining start here in Minnesota. I’ve set a modest goal of making it to 40 home games this year. Have knocked out ten so far, starting with the well-attended home opener. My wife is skeptical of my attendance goal, but luckily my kids love it, and there are few things better in my mind than a summer afternoon at the ballpark with the family. Here are a few random snaps from various games at our lovely Target Field.

IMG_6544.jpeg

IMG_6545.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Frinkiac7 said:

Late to the party on this thread but we have had a rocky if at times entertaining start here in Minnesota. I’ve set a modest goal of making it to 40 home games this year. Have knocked out ten so far, starting with the well-attended home opener. My wife is skeptical of my attendance goal, but luckily my kids love it, and there are few things better in my mind than a summer afternoon at the ballpark with the family. Here are a few random snaps from various games at our lovely Target Field.

Twins have been streaky like my Royals who tonight came back from down eight runs to win.

Just a few snaps from the heartland, tonight’s game here in Minnesota. The weather is wonderful, kids are on summer break, and it’s about as relaxing and as fun and family-oriented of a sports experience as you can find. 

IMG_4170_Original.jpeg

IMG_6587.jpeg

• Like 2

The Giants wasted millions on Soler and Snell. And it was the right move for them to get those 2 guys. That's why baseball is a gamble. Then you look at LA. Stacked! And winning . Such a weird game. You can have all the talent in the world but winning that championship is so elusive. 

Anyway my team is sub 500. I predict some trade deadline moves soon.

• Like 3

Red Sox with a nice series win over the old enemy... the last win included 9 stolen bags! 😳

Unfortunately, still 12 games behind, but I like how this team is building for future seasons... 🤞

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 10:20 PM, Ford2112 said:

Such a weird game. You can have all the talent in the world but winning that championship is so elusive. 

Anyway my team is sub 500. I predict some trade deadline moves soon.

Truer words were never spoken. As both Dodgers and Yankees of late can certainly attest to.

As for Giants; can we just go back to the 2010 and then skip a year for a while? UGH! Hell, as long as we can a game or two on the Padres, I'll take it for now!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Giants are 3 under .500. Blake Snell looked like his Cy young self. If the boys coming back can fill out the rotation like I hope they will we will have one of the formidable starting rotations in baseball. Doval is iffy in the closer role.

@KCCubano, yes the first pick of the MLB Draft is a rare honour in the life of a baseballer. There's been many champions of the game that were first picks (i.e. Ken Griffey Jr, Chipper Jones, Alex Rodriguez, Joe Mauer, Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper and Gerrit Cole). The current No.1 pitcher in the game, Paul Skenes is also a first draft pick.

What's interesting about Travis Bazzana is that he's not from the 'heart of baseball development' in Sydney, Australia. But that I mean, he's not from the Cronulla-Sutherland district which is well-known for having a strong Baseball culture within the Sydney Baseball community in the south; rather Bazzana is from the other side of Sydney (in the north), which I don't think has such a strong Baseball Culture.

Then again, there's been Major League Baseballers who have come from places like Hawaii, Montana and Idaho. If you are supremely motivated to make it in this most difficult game, I suppose you'll find a way.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Did you skip Math to watch Shohei Ohtani this week? Yes, he set new unachievable marks in hitting 50 home runs and stealing 50 bases this season, something that's never been done before! I mean, do the Dodgers really need him to return to pitching too?

Wow...what an amazing and unique player!

Of course, the landmark feat cam in a game where he went 6-for-6, hit 10 RBIs, hit 3 homers and stole 2 bases. I can't even fathom it all!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2024 at 3:11 AM, KCCubano said:

Well we are hoping they suck the next two games here in KC!

I wouldn't be too concerned. This Giants team has zero direction or leadership.