5 hours ago, JohnS said:

I honestly don't expect too much this season. I think @rolaand would agree...I'm waiting in anticipation for some the younger players in the Mets organisation to debut in the Majors at some point this season or next. We have some really talented players coming up and that hasn't happened for the longest time (to quote the famous Billy Joel song...pun intended!).

Well they got to Wacha early so looks like our winning streak will come to an end.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The season is a long one, full of peaks and troughs (or valleys). Let's see where the Red Sox are around the mid-point...which is traditionally around the All-Star Game in July. I'm excited for T

Football consumes me in the winter so much I haven’t had a chance to really check in on things yet. My Boys in Blue do anything noteworthy???

So,this happened @BigGuns.🤣😵‍💫

5 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Well they got to Wacha early so looks like our winning streak will come to an end.

3B Brett Baty has started the season with an unusual hot streak with the bat (and his defense has been amazing too). Mendoza (the Manager) has him hitting behind Alonso, probably until J.D. Martinez starts the season in the DH spot. Let's see where this all ends up towards the business end of the season.

2 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

The Giants are total ass so far.

We both know the Baseball season is long and anything can happen in the meantime. Hang in there!

5 hours ago, JohnS said:

We both know the Baseball season is long and anything can happen in the meantime. Hang in there!

🤣 I've been a fan since I was a boy. Supreme highs and lows. I'm just mad because I haven't had time to get to a game yet!

• Haha 1

Braves lose their ace starter for the season. 😔

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, rolaand said:

This has been a crazy game so far. Listening on mlb but the lead just keeps changing.

Yep. I'm working and trying to watch a bit at same time. Every time I look up someone has scored!

After jumping out of the gates well in the west, the return back east has been a real nut punch... swept by the Orioles and a 1-3 loss to the Guardians... .500 now and bottom of the AL East. It's already time to weigh up if the phrase "it's a long season" equals some hope or just compounding misery. 

Love this game.   :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

After jumping out of the gates well in the west, the return back east has been a real nut punch... swept by the Orioles and a 1-3 loss to the Guardians... .500 now and bottom of the AL East. It's already time to weigh up if the phrase "it's a long season" equals some hope or just compounding misery. 

Love this game.   :D

The season is a long one, full of peaks and troughs (or valleys). Let's see where the Red Sox are around the mid-point...which is traditionally around the All-Star Game in July.

I'm excited for Tanner Houck. What a fine pitcher he has become. That 'Maddux' he threw the other day was sensational!

8 hours ago, rolaand said:

We are on a roll boys!

Losing the first 5 games of the season, with practically one hit from going down 0-6 and to come back to win the next 10 in 13 games? It's only been done five times in the history of baseball.

Yes, the Mets are on a roll. Alongside the Atlanta Braves and Milwaukee Brewers, who collectively are the 'hottest' teams in MLB at the moment.

Let's see how they go on this upcoming West Coast trip against the LA Dodgers and SF Giants.

One thing I can't explain...has leaving the NY Yankees allowed Harrison Bader to play 'out of his skin', especially in clutch-hitting, or is it the fact he can now grow facial hair on this team? 🤔

• Like 4

Giants managed another late win this evening against the Dbacks. Webb goes 7. Jung Hoo Lee and Lamonte Wade Jr have made some timely hits of late,and Wilmer Flores going clutch in the pinch hit! Now we need to see Soler heat up.

I'm really impressed with Jordan Hicks. I hope he can keep it up, he has nasty stuff and is making a good case for himself that it was a smart move to put him in a starting role. Our pitching should become more elite with Cobb coming back.

• Like 2

Losing the first 5 games of the season, with practically one hit from going down 0-6 and to come back to win the next 10 in 13 games? It's only been done five times in the history of baseball.
Yes, the Mets are on a roll. Alongside the Atlanta Braves and Milwaukee Brewers, who collectively are the 'hottest' teams in MLB at the moment.
Let's see how they go on this upcoming West Coast trip against the LA Dodgers and SF Giants.
One thing I can't explain...has leaving the NY Yankees allowed Harrison Bader to play 'out of his skin', especially in clutch-hitting, or is it the fact he can now grow facial hair on this team? 

Great point! Excited to see if they can keep up run production like this against those teams.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, rolaand said:

Great point! Excited to see if they can keep up run production like this against those teams.

If they get to our bull pen anything can happen 😵‍💫

• Like 1

How can somebody this incompetent continue to be employed?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:
How can somebody this incompetent continue to be employed?

I will always be perplexed by this. I know he had that cough cough racism suit but there is clear data differentiating him from his peers. You simply can’t let him decide meaningful games, it just isn’t fair to the players.

16 hours ago, rolaand said:

I will always be perplexed by this. I know he had that cough cough racism suit but there is clear data differentiating him from his peers. You simply can’t let him decide meaningful games, it just isn’t fair to the players.

He's banned from anything meaningful i.e. playoff games 

Interested to see Kutter Crawford (what a great name for a pitcher :D) kick off the homestand against the 16-9 Cubs this weekend. 

It's one mean as cat shit ERA duel Vs Imanaga (0.66 v 0.84). 

• Like 2

Watch a start by Snell this season. Talk about humbling. 

• Like 1