Help with exhausting Cigar Smoke from my garage

25 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I am about to go through a den build next month. This thread has been most helpfull :clap:

A den? A den for cigars? Or perhaps 'gars, as some people might say? So, in fact a 'gar-den? Or simplifying further, a garden? 🙄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TacoSauce said:

A den? A den for cigars? Or perhaps 'gars, as some people might say? So, in fact a 'gar-den? Or simplifying further, a garden? 🙄

Rob's Room of Raucous Rambunctiousness. :P

On 1/21/2024 at 4:53 PM, Jackdani7401 said:

I looked at doing something similar to what you’re considering. Ultimately, I ended up with this. 

AC Infinity AIRLIFT S16, Shutter Exhaust Fan 16” with 10-Speed Controller, EC Motor - Wall Mount Ventilation and Cooling for Sheds, Attics, Workshops, and Greenhouses https://a.co/d/3Wv8mQ3

10 speed controller and smoking alone I never use it over speed 3. Myself and 4 buddies I turned it up to 6 and it kept up quite nicely. I keep my doors closed, as they are not tightly sealed and allow for sufficient air flow. I’m in Michigan and the garage is cold enough on its own. There is enough airflow around my doors to allow the fan to actively pull out the smoke and still maintain the negative pressure so the smoke doesn’t end up in the house. 

The downside was I had to cut a hole in the outside wall. It fit nicely between the studs and I already had an outlet close by.

I am looking for something like this but that can be mounted in a window as I have windows in my garage. Any ideas? 

5 hours ago, prshah25 said:

I am looking for something like this but that can be mounted in a window as I have windows in my garage. Any ideas? 

There are plenty of smaller window fan units out there. They certainly will not move as much air and will be noisier as they have the fans direct exposed.   

On 1/24/2024 at 11:08 AM, prshah25 said:

I would say no. Based on how it’s designed it wouldn’t make a good window mount option.