I am a sucker for Rose Champagne. Recommendations?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose is the most reputable Non-Vintage Rose champagne currently. Me, no I would rather a Tattinger or Lanson Rose. My favourite would have to be Laurent Perrier Rose. At a r

A topic I feel more confident in answering! <$100 USD, I like the vintage dated Louis Roderer Brut Rose. The 2014 was particularly delightful, although may no longer be the current release.

You are no doubt right Ken.  I am off to castigate Diana on her washing up skills before airdrying a glass and opening the second bottle. 

Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose is the most reputable Non-Vintage Rose champagne currently. Me, no I would rather a Tattinger or Lanson Rose. My favourite would have to be Laurent Perrier Rose.

At a recent Champagne tasting that some of our Sydney members went to, @jay8354 brought along a Champagne Philipponat Royale Reserve Rose. I rated it highly...(a) real nice drop.

However, if you're looking for something that is real 'bang for your buck', look to pick up a Jansz Tasmania Special Release Rose. I think their vintage is around 2016 and they are currently $AU39 at Dan Murphy's. The last two times my wife had a 'bric-à-brac' party for friends we brought out that bottle, as the guest were not aficionados in any way, and both times that Jansz Rose was gone in just under five minutes. It was more popular than the Jansz standard Vintage Cuvee we served, and that was fairly popular too!

• Like 4

It is not sparkling but if you are looking for Barbie goon . Whispering  Angel and Rock Angel are both very good. If you have a Du dauphin fire one up with some of the above . Sensational !

• Like 1

J.LaSalle rosé champagne is fantastic and reasonably priced. Run by 3 generations of women, they are a family house. I’ve tried pretty much everything rosé and bubbly and this is my top pick

Honourable mention to the South African brand Jewel / Green man. About the only South African bubbles I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Cristal and Comte rose's are nice if you want to splurge, but back on planet Earth I like Charles Heidsieck or Nicolas Feuillatte for sure bets.

In the same vein, if you are really pushing the boat out - Billecart-Salmon Cuvee Elisabeth Salmon Rosé (vintage)

For "let's open another" - Ruinart Rosé NV.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Rose Champagne or good Rose sparkling. 

Coming into the festive season.......all recommendations welcome. Your favourite Rose bubbles recommendations ;)

Your favourite still Rose and a Sodastream.... :lookaround:

• Haha 3

I love Rose too. I will second the recommendations of the various Billecart Salmon offerings. We actually had a couple bottles of the Brut Rose with Thanksgiving dinner this year. I really enjoyed the Billecart-Salmon Cuvee Elisabeth Salmon Rosé we had last year during my parents 40th wedding anniversary celebration. It didn't hold a candle to the 2008 Dom Perignon we also opened, but that's not exactly a fair comparison. Bonnaire is a small producer that I have been extremely impressed with the last 5 years or so. Their wines aren't available at retail here in the states, but there is an importer/distributor that brings in a few cases of their offerings every year. If you can find any of their champagnes, I highly recommend them, their "Rose Assemblage" is very tasty and usually very reasonably priced (in the states) if you can find it. 

• Like 1

A topic I feel more confident in answering!

<$100 USD, I like the vintage dated Louis Roderer Brut Rose. The 2014 was particularly delightful, although may no longer be the current release.

Had a bottle of 09 Vilmart Rubis which smoked the 08 Dom it was poured next to.

If the year has been a particularly good one, Cristal Rose is hard to beat

• Like 4

11 hours ago, wjs said:

<$100 USD, I like the vintage dated Louis Roderer Brut Rose. The 2014 was particularly delightful, although may no longer be the current release.

👆 This. The 2014 is excellent and drinking well young, though as with all Roederer vintages you’ll be richly rewarded by at least 3-4 years of cellaring. 

• Like 1

Another vote for Roederer vintage rosé here. I had the 2012 recently and it was excellent: cool, compact, long and elegant but still the touch of red fruit perfume and sense of sweetness that is important in rosé. Cristal is just not that much better imho, for ridiculously more money.

• Like 2

Laurent Perrier and Bollinger are go to's that I can afford. Tried a gifted belle epoque once that was fantastic but out my usual price range. Tattinger Nocturne Sec rose is good, not really a fan of the prestige.

• Like 1

This is more a sparkling dessert wine, but delicious ice cold. Has a nice berry note flavor. A small square of dark chocolate compliments it. A great taster to share with the wife/g.f./significant other.

banfi.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

First question is how do you like your rose Champagne?  Big and powerful or gentle and graceful?  Some command attention and others are elegant joy.

Both. I mean, how do you enjoy your cigars?

In the main, I am pouring a glass for Di and me that is rich yet suave, I believe Rose Champers accompanies a cigar so well. 

Great recommendations folks :party:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wjs said:

Ulysse Collin has a rose that I’ve never loved but I reckon would be wonderful with a smoke 

agree that it is his least wine but the rest are special. he has two from memory but they tend very much to the heavier style as a red with some fizz. but like all his wines now, prices through the roof and incredibly hard to get. i used to have no problem grabbing a couple of cases around $60-70 a bottle (his wines in general), now, i am lucky if i get 2-3 bottles and they are $200-$300 plus (and that is thanks to the generosity of the importer - $350 to $500 if they ever made the retail shelves.