BOLIVAR NEW GOLD MEDAL

On 6/22/2024 at 12:13 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

The first boxes were sold at the festival for $270 but the Cuba price is $330 so they won't be any less than that anywhere. I have seen them advertised at lower than the market of $550 but curiously they're always out of stock. Not sure why any LCDH would sell them that low as the market is clearly $500+. Even Rob sells out at $550. I suspect it's a misleading price for an out of stock item to get people to the site. 

No, retailers (CDHs) receive them from time to time, but they won't be put up online.

On 6/21/2024 at 12:05 PM, Jimmy2 said:

Had 08 Gold Medal boxes and the ones I smoked I was not impressed at all and no age was going to help them out very bland. You neeed gas in the tank to go somewhere and these were empty! Bought from multiple Vendors.

A lot were plugged (very tight) maybe with the one box I sampled from ! Maybe I was just unlucky with the box I had opened. I always wondered if the gold foil hurts the cigar from expanding as they are tightly wrapped around the cigar and causing tight draws. Maybe take off the foil and let them rest with out it will make a difference? 

I was so excited when I brought them back in the early 2000’s. I let the rest of them all go on a trade years ago and was not going to take a chance on smoking the others.

The New release Gold Medals, the people that I know that have smoked them and they are not happy with the bigger ring gauge! But say they are much better flavor wise than the early 2000’s Gold Medals.

When I get some New Gold Medal I will sample them and give my thoughts. Remember everyone’s palate is different. Sometimes you just have to try out a cigar for yourself just to see what you personally think.

I remember that ! 👍

2006 and 2007 saw the best examples of these. Especially the darker wrapper sticks. Those are the ones I always requested and ended up with some great boxes. I used to love them, but after those years the blend seemed a lot lighter in flavor and intensity. 

• Like 1