Cuban Factory Codes (2003 – Current) PDF

35 minutes ago, Domsday said:

Is there a listing for box codes after March ‘22?

Codes have not yet changed, to my knowledge. Dates shown are the points at which codes changed, so the MAR 22 codes remain current.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I promised this document a long time ago in another thread and I finally found the time to finish it. The various source material we found was very difficult to read. I will continue to iterate on err

Version 1.3 is here with several corrections and a notable addition! UME - a very prominent code in 2014/2015 - has finally made its first appearance. Took me awhile to figure out which provincial fac

I haven’t gotten any concrete information yet, but I’m anticipating new codes will be coming in very soon. I wouldn’t be surprised if they changed after festival week. I’ll be in Havana in a few weeks

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize if I missed it in the thread, but why do they periodically change codes?  

2 hours ago, Fireball said:

I apologize if I missed it in the thread, but why do they periodically change codes?  

Mostly to deter cherry picking of favored factories. If everyone knew what codes El Laguito are, they'll search those out first and ignore the ones that aren't. Eventually the codes leak but if you maintained a standard consistency, you'd end up having stock that sat on shelves longer because they weren't rolled at a preferred factory.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Puros Y Vino. And a big thanks to @LizardGizmo. I had glanced at this before, but I didn’t realize how cool it was until I went through my small collection and was able to see the origin of cigars that were great AND not so great. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Salomones said:

Its Santa Cruz Factory.

Yeah I've seen it on the list but Ajay seemed to imply it was a new factory code. Can Esplendidos be rolled in Santa Cruz ?

Noob question, I'm really new to this game. 😅

• Like 1

Yeah I've seen it on the list but Ajay seemed to imply it was a new factory code. Can Esplendidos be rolled in Santa Cruz ?
Noob question, I'm really new to this game.

Absolutely. A lot of Cohiba cigars are still rolled in non-Laguito factories. Here are two Bond Roberts examples of an OSG ABR 22 box from a different provincial factory out in Artemisa:

https://www.bondroberts.com/product/view/24928/Cohiba_Espléndidos_2022_Varnished_Boîte_Nature_Box_of_25_cigars

https://www.bondroberts.com/product/view/24717/Cohiba_Espléndidos_2022_Varnished_Boîte_Nature_Box_of_25_cigars
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Came across what I thought were a new code (LRO FEB 24) on Ramon Allones special production. But turns out from BR that LRO has been in use in 2023 already. So not new. But neither in the list. Is it possible that the code for Guayos in SS (RLO) got transposed letters?

I am new to all of this so I started searching through my collection and then Bond Roberts. Out of the first three boxes I saw, none of them were on the sheet.

Diplomáticos Diplomáticos No.2 2008 Dress Box of 25 cigars [OEB OCT 08]

https://www.bondroberts.com/product/view/33399/Diplomáticos_Diplomáticos_No.2_2008_Dress_Box_of_25_cigars 

Diplomáticos El Embajador Edición Regional Países Bajos 2015 Numbered Semi Boite Nature Box of 10 cigars [SGA NOV 15]

https://www.bondroberts.com/product/view/33373/Diplomáticos_El_Embajador_Edición_Regional_Países_Bajos_2015_Numbered_Semi_Boite_Nature_Box_of_10_cigars

Partagás Serie D Especial Edición Limitada 2010 Semi Boite Nature Box of 10 cigars [MOA FEB 10]... I MOA in 2009, but not 2010

https://www.bondroberts.com/product/view/33423/Partagás_Serie_D_Especial_Edición_Limitada_2010_Semi_Boite_Nature_Box_of_10_cigars 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CubanChomper said:

Diplomáticos Diplomáticos No.2 2008 Dress Box of 25 cigars [OEB OCT 08]

I guess that's a '06-box (readability...), OEB has been La Corona in '06, and most Diplo is made in La Corona.

Diplomáticos El Embajador Edición Regional Países Bajos 2015 Numbered Semi Boite Nature Box of 10 cigars [SGA NOV 15]

SGA has been Cabaiguan mid '15 through '16 (check the following columns in the sheet)

Partagás Serie D Especial Edición Limitada 2010 Semi Boite Nature Box of 10 cigars [MOA FEB 10]

MOA has been H Upmann ('09 into '10)

The switch doesn't happen 12/31, so you have to always check neighbouring columns. Years given on top of the columns are either the years of code changing or full years of a code existing. Thereore, an early month, such as Feb you are likely to find in the preceding column / year.

• Like 3

On 8/6/2024 at 1:24 PM, Li Bai said:

Can Esplendidos be rolled in Santa Cruz ?

Even Lanceros and BHK can be rolled outside of El Laguito. Rare but it does happen. Although there seems to be more non-EL Lanceros in the last 3-4 years. Haven't seen much if any recent BHK with non-EL codes. Last time I recall was around 16-17. 

As far as Esplendidos a significant portion are made outside EL. In fact I'd say I'm not even sure most are made at EL. Best I can tell it's about 50% in the last 10 years or so. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1