Your most perverse sandwich filling?

1 hour ago, helix said:

Ok so don 't  knock it till you try it..............peanut butter , mayo and bananas on buttered toast.

The rest of it yes. The Elvis Special.  The Mayo is a war crime as far as I'm concerned.  The King would be horrified 😂

• Haha 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alfalfa sprouts.  Love the crunchy, nutrient-loaded little buggers piled high on just about any cold sandwich.

You're gonna love my father's favorite sandwich - Spam and Miracle Whip on Wonder Bread.   

1 minute ago, 99call said:

Where? I feel there must be more to this

There is a bar/restaurant in Pamplona called Asador. 

At the fromt of the restaurant there is a bar area where people wait for their table to be called. The normal iberico hams hang from the ceiling, cigarette/cigar smoke everywhere, simple red wine or vermouth. They had these little spicy snail and chorizo "sliders".  Brilliant. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

Some fresh sliced hot chilli gives it the necessary lift

My mother used to tell me when I had terrible migraines in my teens that if I pinched the flesh between my thumb and my forefinger as hard as I could the pain would be dulled.........I take it you are hoping for the same effect

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

There is a bar/restaurant in Pamplona called Asador. 

At the fromt of the restaurant there is a bar area where people wait for their table to be called. The normal iberico hams hang from the ceiling, cigarette/cigar smoke everywhere, simple red wine or vermouth. They had these little spicy snail and chorizo "sliders".  Brilliant. 

That was very much worth the price of asking sounds epic. I do believe in Spain there used to be "smoking room hams" i.e tobacco smoked from the locals.   I never had the pleasure...did you ever partake?

1 minute ago, 99call said:

That was very much worth the price of asking sounds epic. I do believe in Spain there used to be "smoking room hams" i.e tobacco smoked from the locals.   I never had the pleasure...did you ever partake?

I don't believe I have? Well not intentionally.

It is/was common practice in Pamplona/Navarra to hang the hams in the bar area. They are black and fully exposed to cigarette and cigar smoke. 

Just now, El Presidente said:

I don't believe I have? Well not intentionally.

It is/was common practice in Pamplona/Navarra to hang the hams in the bar area. They are black and fully exposed to cigarette and cigar smoke. 

Yeah I guess pretty much all hams would have been exposed to this back in the day, but I vaguely remember my Spanish teacher spinning a yarn about long aged tobacco smoked hams.   

Not me, but a friend’s dad was a huge fan of peanut butter and onion sandwiches…like a big ol’ thick slab of onion, too.  Hard pass. 

19 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

Peanut butter and sandwich spread on wheat toast.

Wholly moly!!!  Are we talking about the same stuff?  in the UK 'sandwich spread' is effectively jarred vomit.   Is this what you are talking about?

41fMj+VTX7L._AC_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, 99call said:

Wholly moly!!!  Are we talking about the same stuff?  in the UK 'sandwich spread' is effectively jarred vomit.   Is this what you are talking about?

I have never seen that before 😲

3 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I have never seen that before 😲

The funniest thing is Heinz's own description "A tangy crunchy spread" actually makes it sound like they are actually advertising sick in a jar

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, 99call said:

Yessir!

The sandwich I describe defines the "don't knock it 'til..." category. It took me a few years of watching my dad do it before I got up the nerve, but now I count those as wasted years and I've never looked back.

37 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

Yessir!

The sandwich I describe defines the "don't knock it 'til..." category. It took me a few years of watching my dad do it before I got up the nerve, but now I count those as wasted years and I've never looked back.

fair play to you, I respect a confident double down when it comes to food. I wonder if one day, someone will actually work out what is in it?  i'm not sure I want to know

On 5/14/2023 at 10:24 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

Kimchi.  It's a filling and spread all in one. 

Indian Lime-Chili pickle.  Nice spread on top of turkey.

I love Kimchi in a crusty roll with some pork, beef or chicken or prawns and a thin spread of Korean paste. Just love Kimchi too. Cheers

Another one of my father's favorites.  Anyone remember this stuff?  Potted meat pureed and mixed with pimento and sweet pickle relish....in a tube.  He'd squeeze it out onto bread like toothpaste.

Oscar Mayer Sandwich Spread | Summer Sausage & Snacks | Superlo Foods

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/15/2023 at 7:43 AM, 99call said:

My mother used to tell me when I had terrible migraines in my teens that if I pinched the flesh between my thumb and my forefinger as hard as I could the pain would be dulled.........I take it you are hoping for the same effect

i had an old girlfriend that used to say the same thing. never fixed the headaches she gave me. 

the worst filling ever - vegemite. 

why would anyone put that toxic sludge on anything beyond me. 

• Haha 2

On 5/15/2023 at 4:30 PM, 99call said:

That's a blast from the past I didn't need reminding of. This bought back memories of terrible packed lunches. I'd take the Shipphams Crab Paste over this stuff.

• Haha 1