Deep Dive with Hamlet Paredes: Master Roller Insights

Watched it last night. Hamlet is great at breaking things down so even this caveman can understand it.

Makes you wonder what other hidden gems are lurking at H&F

12 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Great vid.find the time this weekend 😉

I heard a reference to Sancho Panza as though it had been discussed, but couldn't find it in the body of the video. Did it get clipped out? Or was it in a previous video that I've missed?

Keep up the good work fellas. Particularly enjoy tales of Hamlet on the road.  "Confessions of a travelling master cigar roller" sounds like one one of the slightly blue Ealing comedies. "Carry on Cubanos!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 99call said:

I heard a reference to Sancho Panza as though it had been discussed, but couldn't find it in the body of the video.

Hamlet hasn't smoked enough Sancho Panza to feel comfortable in commenting/adding value. It wasn't a cigar widely sought after by Cubans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We will do a weekly clip where I fire 3-5 questions. You can always add questions to the "Questions for Hamlet" below. We will get to them if they are in Hammy's wheelhouse of knowledge/experience. 

This was fantastic and revealing.  Hamlet is brilliant. How fortunate are we to have this avenue to the inside?

I would like to expand on your question of the sweetest tobacco Rob. 

I love the N1 maduro lanceros because of their sweetness which appears to me is from the fermentation process. Am I near the mark on my assumption?

In minute 19 the "metallic flavor" he is referring to is the sick period that leaf will go through. Depending on the leaf, some may go through a second and third fermentation process. He mentions that he never experienced that with factory leaf, as that is a more controlled environment. Where this problem begins is when you have a vendor of leaf that is uncertain at which fermentation process the leaf is in. If you are getting that metallic flavor you need one year humi time and more than likely two years before the cigar is smokeable. They do come around though, I've never heard of a cigar that didn't come out of their sick period.  John 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1