Atabey Divinos (FSCRC)

4 hours ago, Monterey said:

What makes you curious about the ash color?  It just means the soil the leaf was grown in didn't have much magnesium.  A condition that isn't unique to Cuba.

What’s curious is that every single one of them, from different stores and dates burns equally black. Never had this experience with other brands before. Just it.

7 minutes ago, shokao said:

What’s curious is that every single one of them, from different stores and dates burns equally black. Never had this experience with other brands before. Just it.

Of course it would.  It would be odd if some did and some didn't.  That would mean they were mixing leaves from different farms and that the cigars would taste quite different.  Every specific cigar should have the exact same leaves.  If you pulled 2 cigars from a box and one burned white and the other black, that would be a sign of concern!  It's good and expected to see what you noted.  I hope you would see the exact same thing in every cigar/box they made.

• Thanks 1

Glad you enjoyed that davinos. I've also been test driving some Select Tobaccos cigars. Smoked two Atabeys so far, both much smaller ring gauges. The good news is that they did not get bitter in the second half. The bad news is that the two I had tended towards a "one note" flavor profile. Sounds like the wider ring gauges may develop the flavors a little better. One of the people behind these smokes has a lot of history with CCs and Cuban tobacco, so I'm told. 

• Like 1