• Like 3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation  

i have no idea if they are real movies (reel movies??) or made up. never seen one. john, 'wonderful life' is a cracker,of course. 'love actually' is always worth a a re-watch. great cast, lots of

It has to be ELF love it always good for a laugh 

So far we have watched Elf 30 times ( my son is 10 going on 11 and his favourite movie of all time) , Die Hard all of them (100% a Christmas movie and always will be in my mind 😁 ) , National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ( already been watches 3 times 🙂 ) and we can't forget Jingle All the Way especially with one of our own members in the movie 😉 

image.png

• Like 1

Scrooged with Bill Murray and Karen Allen is my favorite, followed by Christmas Vacation. Die Hard, Elf, Christmas Story, Home Alone, and Hook are up there for me, too. Another one I enjoy a lot is the 1984 made-for-TV version of Christmas Carol. It had George C. Scott as Scrooge and David Warner as Bob Cratchit. Very dark and gloomy, and freaked me out as a kid but I also loved it. Still watch it most years. Good one to sit down and enjoy in the dark with a mug of hot cocoa, or bourbon, or both.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2022 at 8:09 AM, Fuzz said:

--a traditional Christmas theme such as redemption, hope, faith, family or generosity

One could argue that the Xmas theme of die hard is "family" as Bruce Willis confronts his inner demons and whether/how to reconcile with his wife and children. 

For the record, I don't necessarily think of Die Hard as an Xmas movie, but I don't have a strong conviction either way. 

For me, the essential requirement of an Xmas movie is whether or not the movie makes you feel Christmasy and whether or not you associate the movie with the Xmas season..... Basically it's just like sexual harassment, if you feel harassed/christmasy, than I suppose it's Christmas/harassment. At least that's what HR told me. Does Foh have an HR department 🤔?

2 hours ago, Lamboinee said:

One could argue that the Xmas theme of die hard is "family" as Bruce Willis confronts his inner demons and whether/how to reconcile with his wife and children. 

For the record, I don't necessarily think of Die Hard as an Xmas movie, but I don't have a strong conviction either way. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 12/5/2022 at 2:48 PM, First Lady said:

So far we have watched Elf 30 times ( my son is 10 going on 11 and his favourite movie of all time) , Die Hard all of them (100% a Christmas movie and always will be in my mind 😁 ) , National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ( already been watches 3 times 🙂 ) and we can't forget Jingle All the Way especially with one of our own members in the movie 😉 

image.png

Is that Peter (drguano) in the front,  left hand side ???? Of course it is, looking good Peter :clap:When you are here next year I will have to get your autograph :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, WarriorPrincess said:

Is that Peter (drguano) in the front,  left hand side ???? Of course it is, looking good Peter :clap:When you are here next year I will have to get your autograph :lol3:

And ask him to sign it, "From Sinbad"! :P

• Haha 1

Christmas vacation, a Christmas story, I’m a fan of Santa Claus with Tim Allen, and Home Alone. Also every year my wife and I watch all The Office (US version) Christmas episodes cause we’re big office nerds - to the point where I have an Office tattoo 🤣 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lamboinee said:

I hope it's a depiction of a beat farm across your whole chest. 

Nope but I now know what my next one is going to be

1 hour ago, Lamboinee said:

Or perhaps a picture of the time Dwight bathed his mother in the barn. 

I believe it was his Aunt Shirley. 🤣 such a good scene 

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2022 at 3:07 AM, Ken Gargett said:

i have no idea if they are real movies (reel movies??) or made up. never seen one.

john, 'wonderful life' is a cracker,of course. 'love actually' is always worth a a re-watch. great cast, lots of fun. some of the threads don't work but those that do make it worthwhile. 

but bad santa, trading places and the king of them all, die hard, take top spots i think. 

I like a "Wonderful Life" trying to figure out what bottle of port he is drinking near the beginning.

"Die Hard" is my favorite Christmas movie along with "Krampus".

• Like 1

NLs Christmas vacation #1 and Christmas story #2 with Christmas story Christmas coming in a distant 3rd

Adult Scut Farkus is exactly how I imagined him to be 😆

We actually built our house in homage to Christmas vacation : huge foyer for xl tree, outside outlets connected to a single garage interior switch, pull down attic stairs and a custom knewl post that is cut off every year. The builder made it so it’s attached with a dowel rod inside and is replaceable after cutting. Oh and yes 25,000 imported twinkling lights lol. Even recreate the temper tantrum annually with the lights complete with 80s style plastic Santa kick. 

• Like 1