Reading Glasses: G'dammit!

Couldn't see well enough to buy 1.75 reading glasses. 2.25 are now the correct answer...

Dammitttt!!!!

1 hour ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Couldn't see well enough to buy 1.75 reading glasses. 2.25 are now the correct answer...

Dammitttt!!!!

Charles, my eyesight is so bad that I have lost 3 sets of reading glasses and one set of car keys since June of this year. I think I will be following your lead :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Islandboy said:

I’m latching on to the theory that the older we get, the less we should hear and see what’s going on around us. It’s just better that way. We’ve earned it. 

Absolutely right. My new credo!

• Like 2

If wearing glasses is the worst of your problems, and you are in your 50's or 60's then you should be grateful. Things could always be much worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TBird55 said:

I wore glasses all my life, until I  had cataracts. After the surgery in both eyes to remove the cataracts, I  now have 20/10 vision in both eyes. Never knew what I  was missing. Only need reading glasses now in very low light.

My wife wore coke bottle glasses since she was a kid. She had cataracts removed and lens’ put in last spring. She cried driving home after the bandage was removed the day after the first eye was done. She kept saying, “OMG, OMG.” No doubt that cataract surgery, which is now common,  is a kind of miracle for many people. 

• Like 3