You have to love your first car

I changed those, put in a sunroof, changed the stereo and did something to the leaf springs to raise the back a bit. Shortly after doing all that, ended up in court for a significant speeding ticket and lost my license for a while. Oh yo be 16 again 😂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

As the ad says, they are uniquely versatile. :yes:

Mine: 1987 Nissan Sentra 2 door in Blue Mist. Bare bones, no a/c, power steering or power anything for that matter.

Actually was a great car. I believe it had around 170K miles when I got it. No oil cap so I just stuffed a rag in the top of the engine. Worked fine. 

First car I bought with 100% my own money was a 1985 Honda Prelude. Absolutely fantastic car. Ran like a top with 230K miles.

My first was an '86 Lude. Good amount of space with the back seats folded down, but not much vertical with the low trunklid. Still plenty of room for fun :yes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

No idea what my old man was thinking.  This was my first car when I graduated high school.  My kids will be buying their own.  I will probably go 50/50 with them and they can pay their own insurance on their own policy.  It did get sold the second time I failed out of college 🙂

Nice!  An E36 M3 was my first car I had a choice in.  Got it at 18 when my hand-me-down e-class mechanically totaled itself.  Drove the e36 for 7 years and put a ton of miles on it.  Picture of my old car below.

The 91' Mercedes 300E was a fantastic car.  It was a hand-me-down from my father.  He drove it for years before passing it on to me.  I find myself missing it frequently.  It's just a shame, it was one of the early 4matic models and the 4matic system needed constant expensive repairs.  So, after the second or third time of it needing repairs that exceeded the value of the vehicle, we sold it to a scrap yard.  Picture of similar car below, mine was a dark grey though.  

192768_10150186482049810_6315301_o.jpg

Capture.JPG

• Like 4

7 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I certainly got plenty of action....just not from the car. :D

I came across this old add yesterday.  My frist car, the Datsun 1000.

My passenger seat was broken so I removed it and drove most of the time sitting in a green bean bag. 

.....Speedy it was not

Now that's a chick magnet!! You definitely had to beat the girls off that.😆

image.jpeg.3fa434ea707f23e74bf64dd733473e8d.jpeg

Not my actual car but same exact one. 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic. Always loved these growing up (those Black/Gold Limiteds were like the coolest thing ever to me). Got it near the end of college and kept it until I was 6-7 years out of college. I beat the heck out of it, put 100K+ miles on it, rolled it on its side twice being an idiot (luckily on sand), surf fished all up and down the east coast and drove it cross country probably 8 times. When I traded it in I think I got like $800 for it. Should have kept it but I was living in NYC so parking space was limited.  

• Like 3

image.jpeg.52f114bb02c2b93b0506b659059b1576.jpeg

1972 Peugeot 504 Sedan similar to the one shown above. Four speed standard transmission ‘on the column’….
Had gray interior and sunroof. Added an 8 track cassette player and a serious set of speakers. To this day I believe that car had the most comfortable seats I’ve ever sat in.  Oh, the fun I had in that car….and yes, in western PA, I was the only kid on the block with a Peugeot…..

Only had it for about a year…the sunroof blew off while driving on a 2 lane highway and the clutch failed shortly thereafter with <20k miles. 

• Like 4