Cant be sure, but I think a may have won the internet today. Presidential, Upmann humidor.

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

@99call, you've made that famous song by Hot Chocolate a complete lie today. With this acquisition, there's definitive proof that 'everyone's not a winner'! 😂

HMmm!? tell my missus that!.  My random empty wooden boxes are the modern equivalent of the magic beans in 'Jack and the Giant Bean Stork'.   She thinks I've lost the plot!. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 99call said:

HMmm!? tell my missus that!.  My random empty wooden boxes are the modern equivalent of the magic beans in 'Jack and the Giant Bean Stork'.   She thinks I've lost the plot!. 

Your wife and my wife would get along just great.... :) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Your wife and my wife would get along just great.... :) 

She's just been stressing me out.  "I guess it could have some uses, we could have it for dinner parties, we could put snacks in it .......peanuts!..... crisps!!.......OLIVES!!!"

she knows how to freak me-the-f-out

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, 99call said:

She's just been stressing me out.  "I guess it could have some uses, we could have it for dinner parties, we could put snacks in it .......peanuts!..... crisps!!.......OLIVES!!!"

she knows how to freak me-the-f-out

Use it as a cheese platter; camembert, limburger, gorganzola, munster....

• Haha 2

Job well done, mate!

The various factors that come into play so that something this unique survives, and filters back into the pool of available antiquities, is simply impossible to solve for.

What it is, the condition, where it was found and whatever you ended up giving for it all had to line up.

I've see similar being proffered for thousands and thousands.  Also similar in dilapidated condition and worthless.  In between ones missing all the slides with lifting marquetry bits, etc.

You really did win the internet!  Cheers!

P.S. Now find me my avatar humi - at a decent price 😉

• Like 1

Wow what an incredible find !  It does indeed look like something that was high up in the government or a diplomatic gift.