What do you consider the most exceptional Regional Release that you have smoked?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

La Escepcion Selectos Finos ER Italia -- IMO, the best period; hands down. Many others are notable, though in a different category and for differing reasons:  El Diputado ER Belux was one of the

A no brainer for me.  La Escepcion Selectos Finos.  The blend is highly conducive to aging.  Strong, yet refined and balanced.  Runner ups. La Escepcion Don Jose.  RACF.  Bolivar Bosphorus.

In general I’ve had significantly better experiences with Regionals than Limitadas, so I’ve definitely gone after them and have several "big hitters”, so to speak (Bushidos, Eslavos, Orgulosos, for ex

On 8/30/2022 at 2:03 PM, Neuralpath said:

Price aside, I’ve been a fan of the REs. They allow you to experience sizes and blends that aren’t available otherwise. While many have been mediocre, IMO, there have been many outstanding releases. Here are my favorites that I’ve tried and still enjoy:

Edmundo Dantes 109

La Escepcion Selectos Finos

Por Larranaga Magnificos

Punch Sir David

Diplomaticos Bushido

Ramon Allones Phoenicio 30

Punch 898

Forgot about the Ramón Allones Hunters & Frankau Aniversario 225 Edición. It’s been a while since I smoked one of these, so I tried one tonight. Absolutely delicious!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 7:51 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

I don't have a big cigar collection. 

Only one cigar do I own two full boxes of.  

The ERdM Tainos. 

The one from the 2019 Christmas Sampler (which was legendary) got me hooked. 

I haven't cracked either box yet. Maybe in a few years. 

Yep. I have pondered offering up a PSP '20 box of CORO for two 10 count boxes in trade. The taker would get a better $ deal and I would get the better sticks!!!

Fairly recent good ones have been the Flor de Cano Spanish RE (Magicos?), the San Cristobal Cuban LE and the San Cristobal Suadade Portugal RE. 

• Like 1

Some recent ones that come to mind for me that I’ve throughly enjoyed 

Diplomaticos Ammunition (Phocencia)

SLR Herfing (Medio Oriente)

Bolivar short bolivar (Andorra)

LGC Platinum (Paises Bajos)

Bolivar Byblos (Libano)

PL Gran Robusto (Paises Bajos)

• Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 6:14 PM, Glass Half Full said:

La Escepcion Selectos Finos ER Italia -- IMO, the best period; hands down.

Many others are notable, though in a different category and for differing reasons:  El Diputado ER Belux was one of the better mild cigars I can ever remember from HSA; great complexity for a subtle cigar.  Edmundo Dantes Conde Belicoso ER Mexico and Juan Lopez Malecón ER Andorra are both beautiful for their complexity IMO.  ...There are many ER's that I find very compelling, but none hold a candle to the La Escepcion.  

+1 for La Escepcion.

• Like 1