What do you consider the most exceptional Regional Release that you have smoked?

21 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

The 09 RE Alemania were very good if you were able to get a decent draw. Half of my box was totally plugged. Even worse for me were the PL Lonsdales

Yeah I was very hyped for both the Boli Especiales and PL lonsdales, as I’m sure a lot of people were.  My boxes for both were 3/4 plugged. Such a waste. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

La Escepcion Selectos Finos ER Italia -- IMO, the best period; hands down. Many others are notable, though in a different category and for differing reasons:  El Diputado ER Belux was one of the

A no brainer for me.  La Escepcion Selectos Finos.  The blend is highly conducive to aging.  Strong, yet refined and balanced.  Runner ups. La Escepcion Don Jose.  RACF.  Bolivar Bosphorus.

In general I’ve had significantly better experiences with Regionals than Limitadas, so I’ve definitely gone after them and have several "big hitters”, so to speak (Bushidos, Eslavos, Orgulosos, for ex

34 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

The 09 RE Alemania were very good if you were able to get a decent draw. Half of my box was totally plugged. Even worse for me were the PL Lonsdales

Yes, they come with a snugger draw. These cigars are far from being “ready”. I fear most have been smoked too young.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of every regional I've tried so far.  But the best for me is Bushido.  It's complex, rich with flavor, and the perfect Vitola in my opinion.

• Like 2

We are only seeing now which regionals truly had sublime secrets to reveal (very few) and which ones petered out (most all of them). Despite the fact that most regionals taste nothing like their marcas, there are a few that have become splendid smoking, regardless of the brand they were pretending to be. Here's the list so far. 

Bolivar Armonias (China)
Punch Diademas Extra (Italy)
Por Larrañaga Magnum (UK)
Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 (Mexico) but only the first release. The second run wasn't as good, and aged terribly. 
Flor de Cano Short Robusto (UK)

Honorable Mention: Vegas Robaina Jubilaums Edition. Came out the same year as the start of the Edición Regional series, but not technically part of it. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Justins123 said:

Yeah I was very hyped for both the Boli Especiales and PL lonsdales, as I’m sure a lot of people were.  My boxes for both were 3/4 plugged. Such a waste. 

You were one of the fortunate few if u had even 6 sticks of PL Lonsdales that were smokable! Many of my friends had no such luck. Plugged from head to toe

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2022 at 7:51 AM, Justins123 said:

But the 50 cabs of Simones are among the best cigars I’ve smoked. Went through two cabs, have one left.  Still improving despite getting up there in age. 

Was that the Canadian regional? The Bolivar Simones?  I thought they came in 25.  They were excellent but when I had one a couple of years ago, it was tasting sick.  …will revisit again in the future and hopefully it was a one off.

These! Delicious!

image.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, cookj1 said:

Was that the Canadian regional? The Bolivar Simones?  I thought they came in 25.  They were excellent but when I had one a couple of years ago, it was tasting sick.  …will revisit again in the future and hopefully it was a one

Mine was a 50 cab. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

I'm a big fan of every regional I've tried so far.  But the best for me is Bushido.  It's complex, rich with flavor, and the perfect Vitola in my opinion.

And you gave me one!!! The 1st of many reasons that we will share one of my Monte A's when the Vikings make the Super Bowl in 2037... 😀

My experience with regionals is limited, but I will go back in the past to a post Fearless Leader made about "I wish I'd..." I burned the ERdM Tainos from the 2019 Christmas sampler on our anny last year. With 2 years down, it made a brilliant Espy a 2nd choice. I bought 1 box and following advice I will not try another until 2024. 

• Like 1

I don't have a big cigar collection. 

Only one cigar do I own two full boxes of.  

The ERdM Tainos. 

The one from the 2019 Christmas Sampler (which was legendary) got me hooked. 

I haven't cracked either box yet. Maybe in a few years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Smoked through box after box of LFDC Magicos in Spain and only encountered one cigar that had problems. Maybe not 93+ pointers but for the price these were/are on point and expect them to age righteously.

Best ER so far ERDM Kon Tiki but only tried one. 

• Like 2

Always heard great things about the PL Magnificos. The price has always been extremely high for them. I'm assuming they must be decent.

The other one that I heard was excellent was the Punch Superfinos. One of the original ERs. Very low production as most were at the time. Impossible to find today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Always heard great things about the PL Magnificos. The price has always been extremely high for them. I'm assuming they must be decent.

The other one that I heard was excellent was the Punch Superfinos. One of the original ERs. Very low production as most were at the time. Impossible to find today. 

I was going to mention the Superfinos, PL Robustos, and RA Belicoso as great ER's for older releases, but the likelihood of finding a box are slim.  Wanted to keep my responses at least being able to find somewhere.  Superfinos is one of the best cigars I have ever smoked.  

More than a handful of RE are coming to my mind that had, of course for me outstanding.

RA Eminencia

Punch Medalla D’Oro was great

PL Valiosos getting great with age

Punch Clasico wonderful 109 cigar

RA Especial. Some where very loose, that was annoying  taste wise great, was flying under the radar

PL Secretos little bugger. Cheap and incredible good

SP Gran Quixote absolutely underrated. Smoked 2 boxes when fresh. That is what I never do  

LGC Orgulosos , love them. 

• Like 1

Roman Allones Estupendos in my top three cigars. Never  have I experienced caramel in a  cigar like this  cigar delivers . Truly unique cigar. Love the size just amazing .

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:00 AM, Perla said:

More than a handful of RE are coming to my mind that had, of course for me outstanding.

RA Eminencia

Punch Medalla D’Oro was great

PL Valiosos getting great with age

Punch Clasico wonderful 109 cigar

RA Especial. Some where very loose, that was annoying  taste wise great, was flying under the radar

PL Secretos little bugger. Cheap and incredible good

SP Gran Quixote absolutely underrated. Smoked 2 boxes when fresh. That is what I never do  

LGC Orgulosos , love them. 

My box of UK Punch Medalla dOro were very good but wrappers were very very thin on mine and had issues as they aged. 

• Like 1