Your Football Prediction. How is your team shaping for the 22 season?

I think the Steelers should be fun to watch this year, for a (long overdue) change. Ben stayed in way, way too long.  Everyone is saying Pickett will be starting by the second half of the season. I think that only happens if Mitch gets hurt, but what do I know? 
Go Steelers!!!! 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

13 seconds

Bucs look woeful with O line concerns everywhere. Good to see Tom turn up for the season proper   I don't see the Bucs doing better than a 10 win season.  Man City looking ominous but defens

Chiefs. Who knows? BRUTAL 1st 8 games. If they go 5-3 to start its a win. AFC West will be tough. All other teams improved their rosters....including Big Gun's LVR!! Lost Tyreek Hill to Dolphins so no

Colts have a couple of older castoff qbs so who knows and the starting might be older than Brady. Still don’t like Reich as a coach, chokes in big games - wait sounds like he learned that from his days on the bills. 

Man City on the other hand should be exciting to watch - got probably the best young striker in the world on a fairly cheap transfer fee. Not going to keep many clean sheets it seems so let’s score 4-5 a game.  This is finally the year to win UCL. 

For college, my alma mater will win it all...again. Go Bison!

The school I'm at right now for grad school is a hot mess. Arizona State Sun Dookies

Cardinals have the potential to be second in the division, could go 11-6. The wheels could also fall off and they go 9-8. I'd be happy with a ten win season.

Phins fan here. 

Everything is awesome since Flores was turfed. Absolute cancer and the team did a 180 last year after Roberts called bs on the coach and backed Tua.

Yeah, Hill allegedly did stuff and the owner sucks but the product will be fantastic as long as the OL can help the run game out. 

1 hour ago, SwaggyPeanut said:

Time for Aaron to get ring #2!!

He's too busy snorting peyote or whatever the hell it is he's doing to worry about another Super Bowl 😆  Saying GB is going to win the NFC North is like saying the sun's going to come up tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

He's too busy snorting peyote or whatever the hell it is he's doing to worry about another Super Bowl 😆  Saying GB is going to win the NFC North is like saying the sun's going to come up tomorrow.

Hahaha. Ayahuasca and you drink it, like a nasty ass tea. I would not be happy if I was a packers fan. He makes that scene last year about every one not buying in, then he spends mini camp in the woods with his boys on a bender. Not a good look. 

My Giants are going to have another rough year. The damage done over the last 10 years or so can't be fixed in one year, two is optimistic. I'm routing for Daniel Jones, but I think its more likely we're in a position to draft his replacement. Hopefully it's Will Levis, dude has the Juice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

I'm routing for Daniel Jones, but I think its more likely we're in a position to draft his replacement.

Same way I feel about Justin Fields. Our new gm is cleaning the old gm’s house out. Fields needs to be outstanding this year or he’ll be gone I’m afraid. 

On 8/29/2022 at 9:36 PM, TobaccoRoad said:

Panthers D looks pretty stout. We'll see how much of an upgrade Baker Mayfield is over Darnold. Special teams were looking a little better until the kicker injured himself warming up.

9-8ish?

I just want baker to ball out first game vs the browns!! 

8 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

Hahaha. Ayahuasca and you drink it, like a nasty ass tea. I would not be happy if I was a packers fan. He makes that scene last year about every one not buying in, then he spends mini camp in the woods with his boys on a bender. Not a good look. 

My Giants are going to have another rough year. The damage done over the last 10 years or so can't be fixed in one year, two is optimistic. I'm routing for Daniel Jones, but I think its more likely we're in a position to draft his replacement. Hopefully it's Will Levis, dude has the Juice. 

Honestly picking Jones so high was the first mistake they made. Perhaps if they had chosen him later on he wouldn’t look as bad of a bust. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SwaggyPeanut said:

I just want baker to ball out first game vs the browns!! 

Honestly picking Jones so high was the first mistake they made. Perhaps if they had chosen him later on he wouldn’t look as bad of a bust. 

I agree completely. The guy is very, very athletic. He was probably the best athlete on the team last year.(which isn't saying much)

But I still don't see "top 5 pick" from him. He's been saddled with bad coaches and bad talent around him for 2 years, so maybe he just hasn't been able to show it yet. In the 20s or high 2nd round, fine, but not # 2 overall. 

America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys, will go 8-8 (yes, I realize there are 17 games). 

They will win the worst division in football and then get spanked in the 1st round of the playoffs, where their lack of discipline will again be on display. This will be followed by quotes by Boss Hogg (Jerry Jones) stating "We would have won the Super Bowl this year but for injuries."

• Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 5:17 PM, GotYaGoat said:

Dare I say…Buffalo Bills 2023 Super Bowl champions

Jim Kelly couldn't do it in 4 tries and he had many more weapons than Allen. Well, they should have won "wide right". Allens gonna get killed if they expect him to rush 1000 yards this year. He needs to get the ball out of his hand sooner. My lowly Dolphins look better this year on both sides. They'll still have trouble with the .500+ teams, especially on the road. 10 wins maybe, 2-3 behind the Bills. They get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs by the Ravens, badly. John  

13 minutes ago, JohnnyO said:

Jim Kelly couldn't do it in 4 tries and he had many more weapons than Allen. Well, they should have won "wide right". Allens gonna get killed if they expect him to rush 1000 yards this year. He needs to get the ball out of his hand sooner. My lowly Dolphins look better this year on both sides. They'll still have trouble with the .500+ teams, especially on the road. 10 wins maybe, 2-3 behind the Bills. They get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs by the Ravens, badly. John  

good point re the bills. they do look good but they had a great team back then - as well as kelly, thurmon thomas was brilliant, when he remembered his gear, loften, talley, cornelius bennett, i remember a guy called tasker - was he around then?, andre reed and bruce smith. that is some serious talent.

they should have won the game v giants, though purcell and bellichek probably outcoached levy.

joe gibbs certainly outcoached him the next year. that was the time i was living in DC and remember it all very well. that skins team is still perhaps the most underrated team of all time. very few superstars - darrell green, charles mann, the posse perhaps - but so strong everywhere. and with gibbs arguably the greatest coach in the game (yes, plenty of other options but remember gibbs won three superbowls with three different QBs, none of them hall of fame stuff - he did not have a bradshaw or an aikman or a brady).

the bills were so unbelievably overconfident coming into that game - thomas and that stupidity with the helmet. they were never in it. i read one report recently which said that the bills were unable to reel in the half time lead - it was written as though the skins had got out to a lucky lead and been able to hang on. what a crock (yes, i still get fired up about games from 30 years ago). the skins never looked like losing. they led well at half time and then scored early in the second half and it was all over (if you ever get to listen to the story behind that TD, it shows how brilliant the coaching team at the skins was - they had kelly worked out to the extent that early pressure deep in the bills half and kelly would try to hit someone short on a predicted angle and the skins had even named their guy who would make the intercept. the only thing that didn't go to plan was that he did not quite make the TD returning the ball on that play - it came immediately after).

thomas was the season MVP with around 1500 yards rushing and over 2000 in total. the skins shut him down to 13 yards on about a dozen carries. the only reason the bills supposedly got back into it was that gibbs started playing backups for most of the 2nd half to give them a run in a superbowl.

i'll stop now, but i will finish by saying that i was very sorry that the bills didn't win the next two. letting dallas win a superbowl is a crime against humanity. 

7 hours ago, bates40 said:

America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys, will go 8-8 (yes, I realize there are 17 games). 

They will win the worst division in football and then get spanked in the 1st round of the playoffs, where their lack of discipline will again be on display. This will be followed by quotes by Boss Hogg (Jerry Jones) stating "We would have won the Super Bowl this year but for injuries."

You might get challenged for the division, think the Eagles might have a chance tbh. Losing Smith on the line is a big blow for Dak and the run game.

4 minutes ago, SwaggyPeanut said:

You might get challenged for the division, think the Eagles might have a chance tbh. Losing Smith on the line is a big blow for Dak and the run game.

agreed. that O line is not going to be the force it has been and that will hurt both dak and the RBs. plus i suspect that there might be some tension in the RBs. the dallas WRs are down from last season and that won't help. parsons covered a lot of the holes in defence last season. an injury to him and dallas might battle the giants for last. i'd back the iggles, as much as i hate saying it.

of course, when wentz rediscovers MVP form, scary terry starts getting quality ball and not being triple teamed, chase young returns better than ever and no one else gets shot, the commodes might be the smoky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

good point re the bills. they do look good but they had a great team back then - as well as kelly, thurmon thomas was brilliant, when he remembered his gear, loften, talley, cornelius bennett, i remember a guy called tasker - was he around then?, andre reed and bruce smith. that is some serious talent.

they should have won the game v giants, though purcell and bellichek probably outcoached levy.

joe gibbs certainly outcoached him the next year. that was the time i was living in DC and remember it all very well. that skins team is still perhaps the most underrated team of all time. very few superstars - darrell green, charles mann, the posse perhaps - but so strong everywhere. and with gibbs arguably the greatest coach in the game (yes, plenty of other options but remember gibbs won three superbowls with three different QBs, none of them hall of fame stuff - he did not have a bradshaw or an aikman or a brady).

the bills were so unbelievably overconfident coming into that game - thomas and that stupidity with the helmet. they were never in it. i read one report recently which said that the bills were unable to reel in the half time lead - it was written as though the skins had got out to a lucky lead and been able to hang on. what a crock (yes, i still get fired up about games from 30 years ago). the skins never looked like losing. they led well at half time and then scored early in the second half and it was all over (if you ever get to listen to the story behind that TD, it shows how brilliant the coaching team at the skins was - they had kelly worked out to the extent that early pressure deep in the bills half and kelly would try to hit someone short on a predicted angle and the skins had even named their guy who would make the intercept. the only thing that didn't go to plan was that he did not quite make the TD returning the ball on that play - it came immediately after).

thomas was the season MVP with around 1500 yards rushing and over 2000 in total. the skins shut him down to 13 yards on about a dozen carries. the only reason the bills supposedly got back into it was that gibbs started playing backups for most of the 2nd half to give them a run in a superbowl.

i'll stop now, but i will finish by saying that i was very sorry that the bills didn't win the next two. letting dallas win a superbowl is a crime against humanity. 

Ken...those Dallas teams were loaded, 6 hall of famers in a period of three years. Jimmy Johnson might have won 5 in a row if it wasn't for Jerry Jones meddling. John 

Just now, JohnnyO said:

Ken...those Dallas teams were loaded, 6 hall of famers in a period of three years. Jimmy Johnson might have won 5 in a row if it wasn't for Jerry Jones meddling. John 

no argument about the quality of the team. i just hate seeing the girls win anything. that was the era where the NFC East ruled. odds were that the superbowl would be won by one of its teams (other than philly), with the occasional interruption from the 49ers. the rest made up the numbers. i thought it would never end! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JohnnyO said:

We're not expecting Allen to rush for 1k this year. Tough to say he needs to get the ball out faster (he was 28th in sacks taken last year). And his super power is extending plays and putting the ball in places only he and a few others can. The Bills having a "better" team 30 years ago and not winning the SB has no significance this year lol. With that said - I hope the Fins get it together. Would be nice to rekindle that great 90s rivalry. 

15 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

no argument about the quality of the team. i just hate seeing the girls win anything. that was the era where the NFC East ruled. odds were that the superbowl would be won by one of its teams (other than philly), with the occasional interruption from the 49ers. the rest made up the numbers. i thought it would never end! 

The 1990s niners vs. cowboys games were the best in-person sports experiences I have ever been blessed to be a part of- including the world cup, PL soccer, the Olympics and watching my beloved SF Giants win the WS 3 times. 

4 hours ago, GotYaGoat said:

We're not expecting Allen to rush for 1k this year. Tough to say he needs to get the ball out faster (he was 28th in sacks taken last year). And his super power is extending plays and putting the ball in places only he and a few others can. The Bills having a "better" team 30 years ago and not winning the SB has no significance this year lol. With that said - I hope the Fins get it together. Would be nice to rekindle that great 90s rivalry. 

Allen only took fewer sacks because his 1st instinct is to run once the pocket starts to collapse. If the pocket collapses so frequently you probably dont have a SB team. If you dont have a running game the defense will easily identify your play selection, especially in the playoffs. Except for Elway or Young, I dont remember too many SB QB's that were successful running the ball. But they had the discipline to stay in the pocket most of the time and they sure had a lot more weapons than Allen does. John

On 9/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, bates40 said:

If they can just cut penalties from 22 a game down to a manageable level of 20 or so they may just win a playoff game! 

Birds fan here (the green ones, or as @Ken Gargett would say the "Iggles.") First, I would quibble with my co-divisionary @bates40 on the NFC East: it's merely the second-worst division in football, after the AFC South, and that's really due the haplessness of the Giants and the Washington Snyders.

As for the Eagles, they look on paper to be one of the most improved teams in football. On offense they boast the best O-line in the NFC, probably in the entire league, and added a Pro-Bowl caliber receiver in AJ Brown. Their offense can and will go as far as Hurts is capable this year - only time will tell. Their defense is notably improved at every level - they've fortified the D-line's edge rush (Reddick) and rushing defense (Davis), added another Pro-Bowl caliber CB (Bradberry), plus they actually have a strong linebacker corp for the first time since at least Jeremiah Trotter's days here (doesn't hurt when you get a 1st round talent in the the 3rd round because of fake news on Dean's knee). Safety remains a question mark, but I think Epps can hold his own as one of them.

Certainly within the division the Cowboys seem poised to regress given they lost more good players than they gained, and as @Ken Gargett pointed out one of those was their LT. It is arguably the second most important position on offense. Worth noting too that no team has won the NFC East in back-to-back years since 2004.

Right now I like the Eagles to win 12 games and the division. IF Hurts can take the step forward he needs, that's if, then they should be competitive against anyone in the NFC. I would genuinely not be surprised by a #1 seed only because they have such a weak schedule.

Parenthetically, the Wentz return to Philly will be prime-time drama (literally, it's MNF). Wentz's reputation is worse that it should be IMO. That's not to say he's a great QB, only that more often than not he can play well enough to win. But he seems incapable of going through a season (save 2017) without blowing games through totally inexplicable decisions and/or Hall of Shame worthy interceptions. His character shortcomings and reported un-coachability seem destined to define his career as a disappointment. But I really wouldn't mind him playing well for the Snyder-Commanded-ers. The whole situation surrounding him and Peterson leaving after 2020 was so bizarre that it's hard to even be angry about it.