Theory on Cuban pricing

1 hour ago, vladdraq said:

that's my point @HawkI84, regular production will sell at new prices, even people thinking they got them for "cheap". Absolutely Cohiba and the rest of the crazy bunch will sell very slow, compared to before.

Whilst the production numbers are so low, I'm sure they will, for a time. However, prior to the issues in supply stuff from the same venders would have rolling discounts and monthly sales on top of the old prices and still you would regularly see boxes with 2-3 years of age on them.

Be in no doubt many feel Habanos have stuck two fingers up at the 'average joe' CC smokers, in doing so they are exploring other, NC options for the first time. I'm one.

Like there is only so many people willing to pay $1500 on a box of CORO, there is only so many that will spend $500 on a box of D4's. Habanos is holding the door wide open to NC competition at the same time pricing out a new generation of average-joe smokers from ever getting into CC's. 

As production increases, sooner or later there will be a correction. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw this with Bordeaux after the 2010 vintage release.  Killer vintage with lower yields back to back years.  Vineyards were double/tripling their normal costs even after the stellar 09.  For a whil

Time to replace the market makers! Imagine if two odd bedfellows, a nutty ozzy and a famous Cuban roller came together and made great cigars in classic sizes and tossed out the high cost of boxing and

I was talking to someone who I respect immensely within the Cuban industry yesterday who espoused his theory on the direction of Cuban pricing. I think it made some sense. Frighteningly so for consume

13 hours ago, dageshi said:.

What I wonder is, if they lose much of their market share to NCs on the lower end, which seems inevitable to me at this point? How much of their offering no longer makes sense? Do we see a mass culling vitolas that simply make no sense in this new world?

I think so, also adding to this is production of the related items. Bands, boxes , etc. why have 2000 line items in your portfolio when it can be 800 line items for the time being. Also think they will focus on higher revenue sticks. Premium, regional cigars with a higher profit margin,