How is your lazy Sunday shaping up?

34 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

Nursing a hangover. Got a certified letter from the IRS... Not opening it today. Jerks trying to ruin preseason and buffalo wings day.

...it could be a refund  

...who am I kidding :cofcig:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slept in a bit this morning.  Im wiped after a long busy week.  Made breakfast for my son, then had a Rosado N1 with my coffee and watched some old Top Gear, S18e3 the “Sweeney” episode.  I then hit the range for a couple hours before hopping on the course to play 9 practice holes.  Didn’t keep score today just working on stuff.  Was a quiet morning with many at church so I had the course to myself.

After that my son and I hung out while the wife went grocery shopping, played with our new puppy.  Now I’m cooking a paella while drinking a beer, and trying to figure out what else to do today.

At least United didn’t lose this weekend.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2022 at 1:44 AM, cgoodrich said:

A year ago my wife lost 3 siblings in a 3 month span, so this last year has been a long grieving process for her. The Western Idaho Fair started on Friday, and much to my surprise she thought it would be nice to go. We didn’t play any of the games, or go on any rides, but we dined on fine (😂) fair cuisine and walked the animal/agricultural/arts & crafts expo buildings. She found a pair of hand made silver and gemstone earrings she was immediately attracted too, which was surprising as she is very fickle about her jewelry tastes. She looked at me and said “I want these” and I said absolutely! Temp was high (97°F, 36°C), but found plenty of shaded areas. No cigars, but that didn’t matter today. Ate more than we should, but it was just a wonderful time talking and people watching. She was happier than I’ve seen in over a year.

PRONTO PUPS!!! I have dreams about those! Can't get them anywhere but the State Fair...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

PRONTO PUPS!!! I have dreams about those! Can't get them anywhere but the State Fair...

That’s exactly what they are! I thought if I called them Pronto Pups many would go “whaaat?”

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cgoodrich said:

A year ago my wife lost 3 siblings in a 3 month span, so this last year has been a long grieving process for her. The Western Idaho Fair started on Friday, and much to my surprise she thought it would be nice to go. We didn’t play any of the games, or go on any rides, but we dined on fine (😂) fair cuisine and walked the animal/agricultural/arts & crafts expo buildings. She found a pair of hand made silver and gemstone earrings she was immediately attracted too, which was surprising as she is very fickle about her jewelry tastes. She looked at me and said “I want these” and I said absolutely! Temp was high (97°F, 36°C), but found plenty of shaded areas. No cigars, but that didn’t matter today. Ate more than we should, but it was just a wonderful time talking and people watching. She was happier than I’ve seen in over a year.

You are braver than I..... I just drove by it yesterday and thought.... Too Hot :) 

Did extremely well with my to-do list on the house yesterday, most notably solving a sticky outdoor lighting issue to my wife’s satisfaction, which greatly improves domestic bliss for both of us. Celebrated last night by grinning my way through a Hoyo de Mena salomone and some bourbon. Today’s definitely a lazy day, my highlight is successfully canceling Netflix, then signing up for You Tube premium, and now I’m watching David Gilmour’s live in Gdansk commercial-free. He’s just pure genius on the guitar, making it all look so effortless.

• Like 4

What I thought would be just finishing the Noella ended up being that a QdO 50 with the rest of the Champagne, and then a SP Belicoso with Lustau Oloroso sherry.  My wife said I had a date with myself.

• Like 4

My weekend was less than perfect for sure. We dropped off my son in Florida for school last week and after having a great tome visiting a few places I came back with COVID. Day 3 now and just trying to get fluids and vitamins while killing time on the internet. Hopefully it passes soon. I am glad to see so many others had a great weekend. 

On 8/22/2022 at 6:11 AM, BoliDan said:

How long did it take for your jalapeno plants to produce fruit. I'm on 2 months and it's still only sprouting.

Planted them in March, although they are in the ground and get direct sunlight about 10 hours per day.  

Even in sunlight, potted plants never produce anywhere near as well.  You cant replicate nature.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2022 at 2:27 AM, jakebarnes said:

Block party was yesterday. Gonna grab some brunch shortly and then hit up some of the porch concerts happening around my neighborhood. Looks like it should clear up by the time those start.  Should be a nice little Sunday

Funny, we must be in the same neighborhood. I spent the better part of my afternoon hanging out at one of those houses where a good friend lives. i was probably smoking a cigar right out of frame when you took this photo!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ohwino said:

Funny, we must be in the same neighborhood. I spent the better part of my afternoon hanging out at one of those houses where a good friend lives. i was probably smoking a cigar right out of frame when you took this photo!

You guys were definitely to the left of my photo at that time having a cigar! I had debated coming over,  lighting an N3, and chatting but my wife wanted to see one of the bands that was up the street (the dueling porches block). What a beautiful day for some some really fun shows!

• Like 1