Age demographic on FOH? Do the poll.

FOH Age Demographic  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Skeng Don said:

More importantly, what's the age demographic of 24:24 sales

You are looking at it ;)

I had a fair idea that the poll would play out this way. People tend to  think  that all cigar smokers are crusty old folk....like Ken.

In reality most are.bangers, ballers, rappers.

😁

• Haha 3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I may be an old fart but I tell my kids some day they will get mommy a cigar, a beer, put on some great music and then change her diaper. CB

Ever wondered what the age demographic is on FOH? Let's do the poll. This is physical age ......not mental age nor the age of the partner you feel  

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

You are looking at it ;)

I had a fair idea that the poll would play out this way. People tend to  think  that all cigar smokers are crusty old folk....like Ken.

😁

Um, I think Ken is younger than I am...

Thanks,

Charles

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

You are looking at it ;)

😁

You forgot wrench monkeys. That’s what all of us service engineers in our region call each other. 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

😁

I'm a stone jack baller and my heart is true ( for @JohnS)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wonder if there is a collection and technology interest bias. Two points that could skew the results of FOH member compared to regular CC cigar smoker demographic: 1) the committed smoker has for years built up their stash and May not be as interested in the dialogue her once the stash is built. With cigarmageddon they may simply be waiting out the supply and May not be active voices or visitors here 2) as a guy in the 50-60 range I still see hesitation in participating in online forums of folks my age and older. For instance I’ll run into someone in their 60’s who has a beautiful r107 Mercedes (450sl 380sl or 560sl) and ask them which forum they are a member of for tricks and tips to maintain their car so well. I get a blank stare. They didn’t know such places existed. I have had the same issue when talking with someone I see out smoking a cc (they were quite proud to have found a real seller online though). 
my point is that these results reflect online FOH members who opted to answer. My gut is that enough answered to get a pretty good idea of the membership here. I’m not yet sure though that membership demographics here translate to the cigar smoking world  In general. 
These are the age groups that are looking to learn about cigars and to buy them when they can find them. From a marketing perspective this is valuable data nonetheless for what it is. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

my point is that these results reflect online FOH members who opted to answer. My gut is that enough answered to get a pretty good idea of the membership here. I’m not yet sure though that membership demographics here translate to the cigar smoking world  In general. 
These are the age groups that are looking to learn about cigars and to buy them when they can find them. From a marketing perspective this is valuable data nonetheless for what it is. 

you may be dead set right. 

However, Mike, Chaz, Phil etal can tell you that in our tour of Miami Divans, the largest group of cigar lounge smokers was in the 30-40 group by an astonishing %. It blew me away. 

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

However, Mike, Chaz, Phil etal can tell you that in our tour of Miami Divans, the largest group of cigar lounge smokers was in the 30-40 group by an astonishing %. It blew me away. 

Perhaps the demographic has dropped by a decade, IDK. I can likely tell you with the high inflation currently in the US 30-40 year olds are getting squeezed financially. A young family,  children, a house mortgage and general bills. Unless many of these 30-40 are highly educated doctors, lawyers and such with 100k+ salaries, I don't know if that age group will continue to have discretionary income for cigars and such? But hey, i haven't been 30 in 25 years!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

Perhaps the demographic has dropped by a decade, IDK. I can likely tell you with the high inflation currently in the US 30-40 year olds are getting squeezed financially. A young family,  children, a house mortgage and general bills. Unless many of these 30-40 are highly educated doctors, lawyers and such with 100k+ salaries, I don't know if that age group will continue to have discretionary income for cigars and such? But hey, i haven't been 30 in 25 years!

Should make 24:24 a little easier for the rest of us 😀

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Isn't it club 18-30? Instead of 20-30? In fact smoking age is from 16 here in fact! Your missing out a couple of youngsters I bet!

And proud to see a few 71+ figured out the interwebs. Good show.

I thought you had missed the news on it being increased to 18 but a quick bit of research proved that you have to be 18 to buy but can smoke from 16.

Seems a bit stupid to make a complication to what is pregnant a good idea.

11 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Most of the smokers here are Millennials!!! Sorry we cancelled your crappy American cheese and Sears boomers 😂😂😂

11 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Most of the smokers here are Millennials!!! Sorry we cancelled your crappy American cheese and Sears boomers 😂😂😂

LOL cancelled !? the boomers carried all your asses through the decades pumping $$$$ into the system while many are doing just that.. Sitting on your assess !!

stop taking selfies 23 hours a day and GET A JOB ! 

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2022 at 3:23 PM, El Presidente said:

You are looking at it ;)

😁

Maybe some of those categories just don't know how to participate in a poll? 🤷‍♂️

A good number accidentally vote for the wrong candidate lol

excited-comedy.gif

20 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Correct! Debbie was the oldest in the Conga line by an easy 25 years!!! Probably 8 to 10 millennials to every boomer...

@asmith Debbie would like a copy of the selfie you took on Saturday night. She still doesn't believe that you were there! 😆

On 8/20/2022 at 6:33 PM, El Presidente said:

I myself and a few other I know would rather stay home and smoke rather than hit a lounge. Something about hitting the mid 50's makes me realize that there's nothing more precious in life than the peace and quiet of sitting on the porch, no social media,  just listening to the birds, bugs, crickets,  whatever creature is making noise with a good cigar and drink. The more I get around the younger generation the more I miss home.

• Like 4