Some records you just shouldn't be proud of.....

10 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Yep, I can beat that. Back when I first started working as a car salesman for Mazda. MD told me to go pick up some flowers he ordered down the road. I was going to walk, but the MD said to take a car from the holding lot (a brand new 323 Protege) as he needed the flowers for a customer arriving in 10 min (by foot it would have taken me 30min). Drove down to pick up the flowers, checked the road (it was a single lane each way) quickly and decided to chuck a u-turn instead of going further down the road to the next side street. Unfortunately, a car came speeding round the corner as I was halfway through the u-turn. Smack right into the right rear fender. The car had less than 15km on the odometer. Came back sheepishly with the flowers and the busted fender. I got moved over to the Daihatsu/Daewoo showroom nextdoor for a week.

Mind you, that same car got damaged a week after it had been repaired by the senior salesman. He was swapping cars out of the showroom, the side laneway was a bit tight, and he scraped the right rear fender going round the building. In the 3 months I was with that Mazda dealership, I never saw that car leave the showroom again.

Oh, and I also damaged the rear barn door on my Mercedes Sprinter the same week I got it. Very first delivery, opened the door like I usually did with my old Ford Transit. Completely forgot that the Sprinter is a lot taller than the Transit. The rear door was just under the frame of the gated storage area. As I unloaded, the vehicle got lighter of course, and the door got jammed under the frame. Bent over the top of the door. Cost me about $1000 to straighten it out and respray it. My old man was not impressed.

Zoom zoom Fuzz

a5y4zmp5bml81.gif

1 hour ago, WarriorPrincess said:

Really says the man who takes a corner on two wheels resulting in me getting whiplash :pod:

Oh nearly forgot "Dee see how good the brakes work" and then he slams on the brakes and I nearly headbutt the windscreen. 

Kettle Black I say :lol3:

Maybe he wanted to test the company benefits?

Maybe ducks were crossing the road?

Maybe he's sadistic?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Yep, I can beat that. Back when I first started working as a car salesman for Mazda. MD told me to go pick up some flowers he ordered down the road. I was going to walk, but the MD said to take a car from the holding lot (a brand new 323 Protege) as he needed the flowers for a customer arriving in 10 min (by foot it would have taken me 30min). Drove down to pick up the flowers, checked the road (it was a single lane each way) quickly and decided to chuck a u-turn instead of going further down the road to the next side street. Unfortunately, a car came speeding round the corner as I was halfway through the u-turn. Smack right into the right rear fender. The car had less than 15km on the odometer. Came back sheepishly with the flowers and the busted fender. I got moved over to the Daihatsu/Daewoo showroom nextdoor for a week.

Mind you, that same car got damaged a week after it had been repaired by the senior salesman. He was swapping cars out of the showroom, the side laneway was a bit tight, and he scraped the right rear fender going round the building. In the 3 months I was with that Mazda dealership, I never saw that car leave the showroom again.

Oh, and I also damaged the rear barn door on my Mercedes Sprinter the same week I got it. Very first delivery, opened the door like I usually did with my old Ford Transit. Completely forgot that the Sprinter is a lot taller than the Transit. The rear door was just under the frame of the gated storage area. As I unloaded, the vehicle got lighter of course, and the door got jammed under the frame. Bent over the top of the door. Cost me about $1000 to straighten it out and respray it. My old man was not impressed.

That usually happens when you can't see over the dash . 😃

• Haha 3