EAR: Best places in Canada to smoke a cigar?

12 hours ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

Once I move into my new place I'll be building a lounge / studio area in the basement.

But my original question was; Can you or any Canadian smoke a cigar on your home patio, back yard or deck? At your private residence. Or is this prohibited? 

23 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

But my original question was; Can you or any Canadian smoke a cigar on your home patio, back yard or deck? At your private residence. Or is this prohibited? 

Yes, we are still allowed to do that here in Alberta.

• Like 1

Not sure, if you live in a big appartement building how that's going, but absolutely in your own backyard you can smoke whatever you want. Like it was pointed out, even pot is federally legal, you can smoke it all over Canada.  Cigars absolutely no problem.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCgarman said:

as long as you are the owner of the residence. 

if you're renting, you are likely out of luck. If you are in an apartment, you are definitely out of luck (including on balconies). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCgarman said:

As long as you're an owner, even in my condo it's allowed. Maybe some time in the future it will be outlawed at condo's but at private residences I don't see how you could possibly enact a law like that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

As long as you're an owner, even in my condo it's allowed. Maybe some time in the future it will be outlawed at condo's but at private residences I don't see how you could possibly enact a law like that.

As long as it legal to buy or have, it couldn’t be banned at a private residence. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SCgarman said:

I am an owner of a condo in a building of 21 units.  Currently, I am allowed to smoke within my property.  I would think it will not be long before a bylaw is passed to prohibit smoking.  More buildings are moving in this direction. :(

16 hours ago, LLC said:

I miss those visits. 

Me too my friend!

• Like 3

On 8/12/2022 at 4:18 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

I get more stoned from a heavy cigar like a punch or partagas than I do from 90% of weed. 

This board REALLY forgets what tobacco does to the average person. 

oh, and you are already on the road with a bunch of stoned drivers...you just don't know, because stoned drivers are fine drivers. (i know, i know, weed bad, lol)

The limits of the effects of tobacco and pot are not in any way comparable. Maybe if you're responsible it's fine. But you can totally get to black out "drunk" level with pot if you push it. I've never seen anyone black out "drunk" level from tobacco/nicotine.

People used to drive drunk all the time. I'm sure many people do it now too.

And I'm not against pot or for any type of drug control. I think all drugs should be legalized. But not because I think heroin is harmless.

Edit: even in Canada people drive while smoking tobacco today and as long as there are no kids present it's totally legal. That should tell you something about "what tobacco does to the average person ".

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

Edit: even in Canada people drive while smoking tobacco today and as long as there are no kids present it's totally legal. That should tell you something about "what tobacco does to the average person ".

I lived in Kelowna, BC for about 3 years, I visited Okanagan lake (loads of families and kids around) and I smelled strong Vicks like odor, later was told it's Marijuana. I love Vicks.

6 minutes ago, Arabian said:

I lived in Kelowna, BC for about 3 years, I visited Okanagan lake (loads of families and kids around) and I smelled strong Vicks like odor, later was told it's Marijuana. I love Vicks.

I'm sure people drive while smoking pot too, I just mean that it's not legal, unlike tobacco, which one can smoke legally while driving. Again I'm not aware of any jurisdiction where one can't smoke tobacco while driving in one's own car. But the same can't be said for pot (from a legal perspective).

20 minutes ago, Bijan said:

I'm sure people drive while smoking pot too, I just mean that it's not legal, unlike tobacco, which one can smoke legally while driving. Again I'm not aware of any jurisdiction where one can't smoke tobacco while driving in one's own car. But the same can't be said for pot (from a legal perspective).

I noticed the cops in Canada are laid back when it comes to people consuming pot. Not a big deal. Later I moved down south to America and I remember before crossing the border there was a big road banner that says “weed is poison” or something like that. 

I remember restrictions on tobacco wasn’t hard. I smoked cigars in open area (bar lounge) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arabian said:

I noticed the cops in Canada are laid back when it comes to people consuming pot. Not a big deal. Later I moved down south to America and I remember before crossing the border there was a big road banner that says “weed is poison” or something like that. 

Yeah that's definitely the case. Things were laid back even before it was legalized. Probably why it ended being legalized 🙂

19 hours ago, Bijan said:

The limits of the effects of tobacco and pot are not in any way comparable. Maybe if you're responsible it's fine. But you can totally get to black out "drunk" level with pot if you push it. I've never seen anyone black out "drunk" level from tobacco/nicotine.

People used to drive drunk all the time. I'm sure many people do it now too.

And I'm not against pot or for any type of drug control. I think all drugs should be legalized. But not because I think heroin is harmless.

you cannot get black out drunk level from pot. 

that is bull shit. 

26 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

you cannot get black out drunk level from pot. 

that is bull shit. 

If you try hard enough. Gravity bong helps.

Edit: I've experienced it personally. So I'm not just making up bullshit.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bijan said:

If you try hard enough. Gravity bong helps.

Edit: I've experienced it personally. So I'm not just making up bullshit.

For sure this is true.  I've seen it happen to others with a gravity bong and not.  Nothing be taken lightly. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:35 PM, Bijan said:

Naw you can definitely get nicotine sickness pretty easily. It's not pleasant. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

Naw you can definitely get nicotine sickness pretty easily. It's not pleasant. 

Maybe. My experience is generally I don't end up with situations where I wouldn't be comfortable driving or being a passenger in a car with someone who has smoked tobacco whereas that happens with pot.

Again in which country can you not drive and smoke cigarettes or cigars? In which country can you drive while smoking pot?

(Legally)

How many people have had acute psychotic reactions to nicotine vs marijuana? (both very low, but not 0 for marijuana, unlike nicotine).

• Like 1