What would your two cigars be if you had to choose?

New Diplomatico Release   

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I went with Lancero and Corona Gorda, and really wanted to add Dalia as well. There is no need for any more jaw-breakers. Save the extra leaf and make more sub-46RG cigars!

I chose the same 2. We need more Lanceros and I just really like a Corona Gorda. 

• Like 3

Sorry, but my OCD has me nitpicking here - “Lancero”? “Lancero”?! Folks, please....! Well, I see, ‘someone’ appears to have set up the poll including “that” option.... 🙄

The Lanceros is a unique vitola de salida. There is only one particular cigar named Lanceros, and that is a Cohiba. A Laguito No. 1 (Long Panetela). Can’t have a Montecristo “Lanceros”, and I am going out on a limb there’ll never be a Dip “Lanceros”....😂

Didn’t vote - HSA has other homework to do than to fantasise about revamping Diplomaticos. Get out some Dip2s for starters.

• Haha 1

Too bad lonsdale isn’t an option. Not near enough of them. I would have said lanceros but don’t trust QC to keep the plugged ones off the market, so had to go with Churchill and corona gorda.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fugu said:

Sorry, but my OCD has me nitpicking here - “Lancero”? “Lancero”?! Folks, please....! Well, I see, ‘someone’ appears to have set up the poll including “that” option.... 🙄

The Lanceros is a unique vitola de salida. There is only one particular cigar named Lanceros, and that is a Cohiba. A Laguito No. 1 (Long Panetela). Can’t have a Montecristo “Lanceros”, and I am going out on a limb there’ll never be a Dip “Lanceros”....😂

Didn’t vote - HSA has other homework to do than to fantasise about revamping Diplomaticos. Get out some Dip2s for starters.

Dip Lancero's existed:

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/diplomaticos#diplomaticos-no6

You Can have a Monte Lancero Right now:

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/montecristo#montecristo-especial

Most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between a Fundadores and a Cohiba lancero, just from the feel alone. With Cuban QC being what it is there is definitely a lot of overlap between the two. I'm sure plenty of Lancero have been boxed at 40rg and plenty of Fundies at 38 or even 36.

I order Custom Rolled Lancero's all the time, I smoked through most of a bundle during the week I spent down there last month:

469135005_20220722_1438281.jpg.75935484ea454e33c68a1d1a631b5343.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

Dip Lancero's existed:

11 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

You Can have a Monte Lancero Right now

Nope. You didn’t get my point, Cory. And that exactly was my very point. 😉

14 hours ago, mpq said:

Too bad lonsdale isn’t an option.

Dalias.

Both Cervantes and Dalias are considered Lonsdales as are Cazadores. In fact the Laguito Especial is also considered a Lonsdale oddly enough although I personally take issue with that one. 

22 hours ago, Fugu said:

The Lanceros is a unique vitola de salida.

For some reason, despite similar sizes existing well before 1966 and only one cigar ever bearing the name, Lancero has unfortunately displaced Long Panetela as a common name for a long skinny among many people. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fugu said:

Nope. You didn’t get my point, Cory. And that exactly was my very point. 😉

Haha. I got it, I was just taking the piss. I mean, what's really in a name? They're all the same size cigar, 38x7 1/2", pigtailed. I think Lancero rolls off the tongue a lot easier than "Laguito No.1" or "Laguito Especial"

• Like 2